1.    #1  
    I really did, but it was a little expensive, and had some issues, but I gained some space.

I have been using the 650 I got from Palm One which came with 01.14 firmware and software treo650-1.05-row. With this version I had only 24% space left.

Well, I finally got my VC order. It came with 01.15 firmware and software treo650-1.06-row. With this version, i have 29% space left.

Hmm?????

I synced the .14 one last time and then I synced the .15 for the first time. I selected the old name to have all the stuff synced to the new treo.

Sync wasn't a complete success.

Klondike (electron huts version) didn't transfer over, even though I have been using it forever. When I did sync it, I didnt have to put in the registration info.

Kinoma synced over, but couldn't find any of the videos that were on the sd card. I had to delete kinoma player and re-install it for it to finally see the videos.

McPhling synced over, but the icons that mcphling uses were just squares, not the cute little pictures. Running the programs once fixed his.

Doc2Go at first didn't list the files, but once I told it to search it found them. It did find 2 versions of the same file (but different size). It also didnt remember the sync settings for the files.

The above 4 "issues" are the only things I found so far with this upgrade method.

I'm going to but backup buddy asap.

So, why so much extra memory?

After I made sure all the program were actually on the new treo, I went to searching.

Using the info app, I did a file by file comparison between the two devices.

The new treo had some extra 0k files and some of the standard files were 1k smaller (klondike was 2k smaller), but nothing stood out to suggest such a big freeing up so much memory.

Well, almost nothing. Agendus shrunk, but still not enough.

Agendus on the .14 device was 2077k with 105 records. Agendus on .15 is 1942k with only 31 records. The drop in records is alarming, but looking through both devices I dont see anything missing. The holidays are there, my meeting are there and my to do are there. Yeah, I dont do a lot of meetings, just 2-3 recurring a week.

I cant figure out why so few records are showing. hmm. Could it be that .14 wasnt really deleting them?

Another weird thing about the 0k files on the .15, they kept disappearing. They were there, and then when I hit the scroll bar, they were gone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    how can I upgrade?? the firmware is available for download?
    Asia Pacific Traveller (HK based)
    huh cool

but now i understand what you mean by expensive. you used a second device i thought you went somewhere i paid for it
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by twohand
    how can I upgrade?? the firmware is available for download?
    the only way to get it (right now), is to buy a new phone and hope you get the latest firmware.
    Felipe
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Is the handset volume any better on the unit with newer firmware?
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Quote Originally Posted by JHETZEL
    Is the handset volume any better on the unit with newer firmware?
    Felipe, I'm also curious to know if it's better with the new firmware. I called palmOne and they are overnighting a replacement unit but I haven't received it...I called a little over a week ago, too.

Also, curious to know if you notice the phone's more stable and if you get fewer resets. Thanks!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    Felipe, I'm also curious to know if it's better with the new firmware. I called palmOne and they are overnighting a replacement unit but I haven't received it...I called a little over a week ago, too.

Also, curious to know if you notice the phone's more stable and if you get fewer resets. Thanks!
    mostly been using it with the head phones and bluetooth so far. will have to check it out.

as for the resets, so far so good. only one so far, and that was when I wanted filez to copy the tree to memo.

Havent had any random resets (ie you and the treo arent doing anything), so far. but it has only been one day and a half.
    Felipe
    I have the unlocked with the newer firmware and software and I notice that it is more stable then the last one that I got on the 14th of febuary. It still has the low volume in the handset. The only reset that I had was from backup buddy. And that was my fault to begin with. I am hopping that this rumor upgrade for april will fix all the little issues that are still present in the treo..... like the static of bluetooth, the better management of memory, the handset memory. Overall its(the treo) a good phone/pda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie
    I have the unlocked with the newer firmware and software and I notice that it is more stable then the last one that I got on the 14th of febuary. It still has the low volume in the handset. The only reset that I had was from backup buddy. And that was my fault to begin with. I am hopping that this rumor upgrade for april will fix all the little issues that are still present in the treo..... like the static of bluetooth, the better management of memory, the handset memory. Overall its(the treo) a good phone/pda.
    Sweet - thanks for letting us know. Now, I'd like to actually get my replacement unit with (hopefully) the newer firmware and software. I can't believe they still haven't shipped it...I'm gonna have to call p1, again.

To be honest, a couple of days after I requested the replacement unit, my random resets stopped. In the past 1.5 weeks, I've only had 2 random resets. I think these stopped b/c I stopped having issues connecting to the GPRS network.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005