Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Version 3.10 is now officially available - Get it HERE:

http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da

PLEASE, read the da_readme.txt file and heed the warning about deleting old versions (older than 3.10 Beta 3 at least).

A summary of the changes:

• Reverse lookups. Types include Phone #, Address, or Neighbor searches.
    • Added the capability to use Airports as origins and destinations for Driving Directions. Enter a 3 letter code or use an online lookup of 379 US airports.
    • Added an "Include Surrounding Area" checkbox to Business Query to broaden the search.
    • Canadian Provinces are now available for Business searches, Maps, and Directions.
    • MapQuest Direction URL updated to one that is more current and allows Canadian routings.
    • MapQuest Map URL is now a choice for USA results. Can select a more up to date, better looking map.
    • Fixed Error in getting multi-page business results. A formatting change in the results pages from yp.com had to be accomodated.
    • Fixed the Treo 5-Way nav behavior for the Results List.
    • Fix for capturing redirects that come from yp.com, particularly the case where a business name is not found in the specified city, but there are some in surrounding areas.
    • New preference for "Warn on Empty City".
    • Added Xiino as a browser option, plus added a field to enter the 'Creator ID' of any browser not on the hard coded list.
    • Added Option to cancel multipage searches.
    • Enhanced the generic error message for a failed search (The old "Error 0").
    • Other miscellaneous changes and fixes.
    Last edited by rlwhitt; 03/19/2005 at 12:06 PM.
    Yee Haw! I love this program.
    Thanks !!

Please update that web page. It still says " Latest version: 3.02 posted on 24 November 2004".

I go to your (and other software I have installed) product page daily and check for updates ..

Aloke
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Great program.
    If you don't have it get it NOW!
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i can't get the new version to download correctly. i sent rick a email about this a few minutes ago. i get a "cannot open this file does not appear to be a valid archive.
    morris stalk
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt
    Version 3.10 is now officially available - Get it HERE:

http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da

PLEASE, read the da_readme.txt file and heed the warning about deleting old versions (older than 3.10 Beta 3 at least).

A summary of the changes:

• Reverse lookups. Types include Phone #, Address, or Neighbor searches.
    • Added the capability to use Airports as origins and destinations for Driving Directions. Enter a 3 letter code or use an online lookup of 379 US airports.
    • Added an "Include Surrounding Area" checkbox to Business Query to broaden the search.
    • Canadian Provinces are now available for Business searches, Maps, and Directions.
    • MapQuest Direction URL updated to one that is more current and allows Canadian routings.
    • MapQuest Map URL is now a choice for USA results. Can select a more up to date, better looking map.
    • Fixed Error in getting multi-page business results. A formatting change in the results pages from yp.com had to be accomodated.
    • Fixed the Treo 5-Way nav behavior for the Results List.
    • Fix for capturing redirects that come from yp.com, particularly the case where a business name is not found in the specified city, but there are some in surrounding areas.
    • New preference for "Warn on Empty City".
    • Added Xiino as a browser option, plus added a field to enter the 'Creator ID' of any browser not on the hard coded list.
    • Added Option to cancel multipage searches.
    • Enhanced the generic error message for a failed search (The old "Error 0").
    • Other miscellaneous changes and fixes.
    Why are there 2 .prc files? I seems if I load both, I get 2 dir asst icons on my phone desktop.
    Thanks. One of the absolute best apps for the Treo (IMO). Will try it shortly. Hope everything works bug free.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Awesome app. If you don't already have it, get it now.

What is the DA_NoAir file for? Do you need both files to run the app?
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Two questions:

1. When I select Blazer as my browser I get an error that I do not have Blazer even though I do.

2. When I select the new map URL for USA I get a blank page with a few blank links.

ANyone else have this?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Why are there 2 .prc files? I seems if I load both, I get 2 dir asst icons on my phone desktop.

one is with the new airport feature
    the other is without da_noair.prc
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    one word "EXCELLENT"

Al
    Don't you guys ever look at the readme file??
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Great application.

Hm..how hard is it to read the readme file...? shheesshh....
    Thanks Frank. I swear I did Read the file, I must just missed it. Sorry kids.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Well, considering that if you do a search in the readme on the file name it doesn't show up, I think it was a valid question. And no, I do not read the entire readme file, just the revision history and any relevant installation inofrmation.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i came back and tried the download again and it worked perfectly.
    morris stalk
    How's the stability?
  18.    #18  
    There is a line at the top that says:

"Small version (no airport data): 53K+ (73+ on Treo 650)"

But I'll admit that's maybe not clear enough. I'll put a more obvious statement in near the top.

Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat
    Well, considering that if you do a search in the readme on the file name it doesn't show up, I think it was a valid question. And no, I do not read the entire readme file, just the revision history and any relevant installation inofrmation.
  19.    #19  
    You need to pick Treo Web for the Treo.

Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat
    Two questions:

1. When I select Blazer as my browser I get an error that I do not have Blazer even though I do.

2. When I select the new map URL for USA I get a blank page with a few blank links.

ANyone else have this?
    Was entirely my bad. I should read slower. Great program! One of, if not thee most usefull of all my programs.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast