Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 80 of 80
  1. #61  
    Anyone having trouble with DA 3.10 on Sprint 650 after update to firmware 1.08 SPCS? I don't recall having this problem before the update but now my 650 resets evertime I try to copy a search result to "new address entry"

    Anyone else?
  2. #62  
    I deleted 3.10 and re-installed and get the same thing: resets when I do a copy to the address book. Sprint 650 with 1.08. Is this working on your's or not? Love to hear some replies.
  3. #63  
    Works fine for me. Using 1.08. I didn't install DA until after I had done the 1.08 update, however. I wonder if there's a preference setting that's messed up and isn't being removed by the delete / reinstall of DA?

    If you use FileZ to edit the saved preferences file, all of the DA preferences are identified with the creator-id rwDA. You might consider making a backup of saved preferences, then removing DA, deleting the rwDA entries from saved prefs, and then re-installing.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #64  
    No need to go through all that. If you just delete the app using the App Launcher's stock delete function, prefs are automatcially deleted.

    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Works fine for me. Using 1.08. I didn't install DA until after I had done the 1.08 update, however. I wonder if there's a preference setting that's messed up and isn't being removed by the delete / reinstall of DA?

    If you use FileZ to edit the saved preferences file, all of the DA preferences are identified with the creator-id rwDA. You might consider making a backup of saved preferences, then removing DA, deleting the rwDA entries from saved prefs, and then re-installing.
  5. #65  
    How do I use Filez to edit savedPreferences? I have it selected with Filez and the only options I see are General, Attrs, Dates
    and there are no options under those to edit files. Please elaborate.


    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Works fine for me. Using 1.08. I didn't install DA until after I had done the 1.08 update, however. I wonder if there's a preference setting that's messed up and isn't being removed by the delete / reinstall of DA?

    If you use FileZ to edit the saved preferences file, all of the DA preferences are identified with the creator-id rwDA. You might consider making a backup of saved preferences, then removing DA, deleting the rwDA entries from saved prefs, and then re-installing.
  6. #66  
    The first time I deleted DA I used Uninstall manager to unistall it before reinstalling DA. Apparently that didn't cut it, I was still getting resets when copying to new address entry. I just used the Palm default launcher to delete DA and then reinstalled and not getting the reset anymore. Thanks Rick. Great app and getting better with each release. Donation coming.



    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt
    No need to go through all that. If you just delete the app using the App Launcher's stock delete function, prefs are automatcially deleted.
  7. #67  
    Anybody else's DA unable to perform a search today? I also notice the web page is unavailable.
  8. #68  
    Just did one. Went fine for me.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Anybody else's DA unable to perform a search today? I also notice the web page is unavailable.
    Nope, just did a search, fine, web page is there too!
  10. #70  
    What a fantastic program. It's much faster than me going to my browser, going to Cingular's or Smartpages' website and finding info. I just love the fact that I don't have to pay .99 anymore for directory assistance. I'm donating the $10 immediately.
  11. #71  
    anyone else having issues with reverse look up and jut inputting the address without the number?

    it doesnt even check, it just gives an error.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  12. #72  
    Thanks for the great app.

    I was wondering why search surrounding area is in the business query, but not in the residential query? That would be useful in both, any chance of adding?
    DJ

    Edit: Just looked at YP and it's not an option.
    Last edited by dj81462; 04/04/2005 at 08:16 PM.
  13. #73  
    Does this service cost anything extra on my phone bill each month? Iím a little slow, please forgive me 8-)

    James
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamez
    Does this service cost anything extra on my phone bill each month? Iím a little slow, please forgive me 8-)

    James
    It's data, so it shouldn't cost any more, assuming you have an unlimited data plan.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  15. #75  
    Thanks, Iím with Sprint and I do have an unlimited data plan. I just wanted to make sure there were no ďextra - hiddenĒ charges.

    James
  16. #76  
    Great! I just send in my $10. It's well worth the money.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    The first time I deleted DA I used Uninstall manager to unistall it before reinstalling DA. Apparently that didn't cut it, I was still getting resets when copying to new address entry. I just used the Palm default launcher to delete DA and then reinstalled and not getting the reset anymore. Thanks Rick. Great app and getting better with each release. Donation coming.

    Well, I tried deleting with Uninstall Manager and soft reset before reloading DA and that didn't fix it. Then I just tried deleting with the stock Palm default launcher and resetting before reloading and it still causes resets everytime I try to save to as a new address book entry.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    How do I use Filez to edit savedPreferences? I have it selected with Filez and the only options I see are General, Attrs, Dates
    and there are no options under those to edit files. Please elaborate.
    Yes, how do I do this please? I tried deleting DA using the built in Palm launcher app and that didn't fix my soft resets problem. I assume the only other way is to manually edit the Saved Preferences file, but I don't know how to do this.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    Yes, how do I do this please? I tried deleting DA using the built in Palm launcher app and that didn't fix my soft resets problem. I assume the only other way is to manually edit the Saved Preferences file, but I don't know how to do this.
    Once in FileZ, find the Saved Preferences file, check mark it and then hit your menu button - you'll find the edit option there.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Once in FileZ, find the Saved Preferences file, check mark it and then hit your menu button - you'll find the edit option there.
    Well, the edit function brought up a list of what is in that file but I don't see any way once there to delete individual entries in that Saved Preferences file. Also, once I have deleted DA using the Palm launcher I don't see anything in that file beginning with rwDA. There is one thing called rwMP #0 but that is the only thing similar.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions