Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt
    Version 3.10 is now officially available - Get it HERE:

http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da

PLEASE, read the da_readme.txt file and heed the warning about deleting old versions (older than 3.10 Beta 3 at least).

A summary of the changes:

• Reverse lookups. Types include Phone #, Address, or Neighbor searches.
    • Added the capability to use Airports as origins and destinations for Driving Directions. Enter a 3 letter code or use an online lookup of 379 US airports.
    • Added an "Include Surrounding Area" checkbox to Business Query to broaden the search.
    • Canadian Provinces are now available for Business searches, Maps, and Directions.
    • MapQuest Direction URL updated to one that is more current and allows Canadian routings.
    • MapQuest Map URL is now a choice for USA results. Can select a more up to date, better looking map.
    • Fixed Error in getting multi-page business results. A formatting change in the results pages from yp.com had to be accomodated.
    • Fixed the Treo 5-Way nav behavior for the Results List.
    • Fix for capturing redirects that come from yp.com, particularly the case where a business name is not found in the specified city, but there are some in surrounding areas.
    • New preference for "Warn on Empty City".
    • Added Xiino as a browser option, plus added a field to enter the 'Creator ID' of any browser not on the hard coded list.
    • Added Option to cancel multipage searches.
    • Enhanced the generic error message for a failed search (The old "Error 0").
    • Other miscellaneous changes and fixes.

I have version 3.10 b4 that I got a couple of weeks ago.. do I have the latest version?

Bek
    No
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Awesome app! It's worth every penny of your donation.
  4.    #44  
    As for contacts, it only supports the native Address Book DB. IF a third party uses a different DB, it will not show up.
    BEST APPLICATION

w/ unlimited data plan of course. You can look up biznass and people lightning fast and then just click a button and enter it auto into your contacts with address phone and everything! Dude this is free!!! but you should donate.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    rlwhitt: are you sure of that??? I deleted my addressdb file and DA still works fine.
    Great program thanks for making this available.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt
    As for contacts, it only supports the native Address Book DB. IF a third party uses a different DB, it will not show up.
    I am using Agendus and all saved search results get sent to my Agendus contacts database? unless Agendus is using the default DB?
    Quote Originally Posted by timexx8
    I am using Agendus and all saved search results get sent to my Agendus contacts database? unless Agendus is using the default DB?
    Agendus uses the internal DB.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10.    #50  
    Huh? I don't see how that can be, it should error out! Does it come back by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by buirus
    rlwhitt: are you sure of that??? I deleted my addressdb file and DA still works fine.
    I'm not a programmer but I have to say this is what Palm apps should be modeled after. Simple, efficient and on target with its usefulness. It simply delivers what we're all looking for. If I want bells and whistles, I'll go play MicroQuad or something. But for down and dirty facts, ease of use with powerful choices, perfectly suited for the Treo, there is no app on par with DA. I've been an early donator and proud of it.

Saved me a ton of mapping time while on the road over the weekend at various open-houses. The reverse lookup, directions to/from airports and instant contact copy to contact database is incredible also. I'm officially off my soapbox now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    I have version 3.10 b4 that I got a couple of weeks ago.. do I have the latest version?

Bek
    After beta4 (b4) came beta5 and beta6......and now its outta beta and "release version" is out.
    i cannot get this app to work with webpro. Can anyone help?
    It would be great if Directory Assistant could be modified to work correctly with a proxy server (same as Treo Web / Blazer). Both IP address and port would need to be specifiable.

This would make Directory Assistant usable to a large number of otherwise excluded people.

Thanks,
    John
    another home-run, rick.

i have been using versions of this app, for several years and would be lost without it.

suggestion for next release: on the fields that are for numbers only, make it so that numbers automatically come up, instead of having to hit the option key.

thanks again, rick.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    The only app that's been on my PDAphone since Kyo6035. Just played with it extensively. This latest version is the bomb. Several new features since 3.0 make it more usable than before (if that's possible). This version is definitely PRIME TIME. I think it's worth a second donation. Great job Rick!!! Many thanks.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Huh? I don't see how that can be, it should error out! Does it come back by chance?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by buirus
    Unless I'm mistaken, the AddressDB is a holdover from the older Palm versions- don't the new ones now use ContactsDB? This thread discusses deleting the AddressDB entirely (as well as MemoDB, DateBookDB, and ToDoDB, IIRC):

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=addressdb
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Is there any way to get KeySuite to use the internal?

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Agendus uses the internal DB.
  19.    #59  
    I don't own a real Treo, so my only knowledge comes from the simulator. There, if I add a result to the "Address Book" (using AddressDB) it does show up on the contacts list. Is there something in the Treo's software that sees this and keeps the 2 in sync?

Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    Unless I'm mistaken, the AddressDB is a holdover from the older Palm versions- don't the new ones now use ContactsDB? This thread discusses deleting the AddressDB entirely (as well as MemoDB, DateBookDB, and ToDoDB, IIRC):

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=addressdb
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    i cannot get this app to work with webpro. Can anyone help?
    Hmmm... I'm working fine w/WebPro. Can you describe the problem that you are having?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast