Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tks again Rick for the great improvements.

For all of you newbees to TreoCentral and to this app, please consider supporting the developer by making a donation. This is one of the best apps you'll get for a donation.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    just curious if anyone has compared this to the free app Directory Assistance? Though very simple, I find it to be great app. it looks up residential and business listings via yp.com, gives driving directions, maps, and allows the user to initiate a call from the search listing.

thanks for the feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by buirus
    just curious if anyone has compared this to the free app Directory Assistance? Though very simple, I find it to be great app. it looks up residential and business listings via yp.com, gives driving directions, maps, and allows the user to initiate a call from the search listing.

thanks for the feedback.

huh?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by buirus

thanks for the feedback.
    this is it braniac
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    lol!!!! sorry everyone. we are talking about the same app. please disregard the last message.
    This is fun reading
    Thank you very much for adding Canadian support, I have just donated $10.00 - alias@xxxx

*Anybody that has even considered paying for Handmark Express for the 411...I suggest you try this program now! Directory Assistant get's me canadian numbers I cannot get on Express...this sves me alot of time and money

**In Canada through my landline provider 411 is 75 cents per number!
    http://about.telus.com/publicpolicy/...ssistance.html

Excellent program Rick!
    I was shocked that u, mr "wanna be moderator" called someone brainiac... so not like u... have a beer.. it will be ok.
    lol
    I thought it was hysterical. Good on ya dutch thanks for the laugh
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Bad Dutch! We're here for serious disussions!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    This app is very, very cool. I don't use it yet as I am still not paying for a data connection, but once I do, this is tops on my list!!
    Rick, this is fantastic! Not only does it fix all the ilttle niggles, but it even fixes things I thought were problems of other applications! I was always annoyed at not being able to get directions to/from airports in MapQuest, it never occurred to me to fix it within your application rather than just trying to write MapQuest.

So here's an interesting challenge for you (just a wish, you've done plenty already!):

Many of us have started purchasing TomTom for our Treos - absolutely stunning GPS Nav software. One of only two knocks against it is that it can't use your address book for directions.

Even better would be able to use any address we get from DA as a destination in TomTom. Perhaps you could detect the application and have an extra option (TomTom or TT) anywhere a search for directions appears?

As part of update 4.42, TomTom remembers the last destination and automaticalliy calculates the route to that destination when you re-enter (this allows you to take phone calls in the middle of navigating). If you could reverse engineer that file, you just insert your destination there instead...it would save a lot of retyping.

-- Doug
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    on rogers i pay 1.50 everytime i call 411 (or is it 125)...anyways THIS APP R0X00RZ
    Yeah Rogers charges about that much...last I recall it was $1.25 and Telus want's 75 cents....

I'm amazed at how well this gets Canadian info..Handmark express doesnt even come close!

The driving instructions in text are also a cool option!
    I'm soooo glad I read this forum... I have been looking for a program JUST LIKE THIS (but never bothered to search - search is your friend!) for some time... started using Express (just signed up for $6.95/mo - hoping I would find something else better soon)... I can't wait to cancel that c**p. Donated $10 on the spot!

GREAT APP!... right up there with Chatter/Win-Hand/PTunes.

THANKS MUCH!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt
    Version 3.10 is now officially available - Get it HERE:
    Gets better and better every time, and in that vein...what can we fix in 3.11 ?

Bug or I using wrong procedure ?

Tried out the directions feature by using paste in from contacts....asked for directions from my home to my office. Taped on home phone number to get home address in, tapped on work phone number to get....what....it puts home address in again. Tried it 4 times, same result.

Looked in Palm Desktop and all contact info looks fine
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    This is a GREAT program! My only complaint is that if I try to send something I look up to my contacts it doesn't show up. I think because I use KeySuite.

Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Gets better and better every time, and in that vein...what can we fix in 3.11 ?
    Definately a must have app for the TREO! I just donated the $10. THANKS!
    anyone use this with Goodlink? does it work?
    Are you kidding me I didn't even run this program yet and it sounds fantastic. AMAZING if it's going to do what I think it's gonna do. That unlimited data plan is getting more useful by the minute!!!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast