Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've noticed PalmPuke doesn't work with the fake/plastic SD card (SD card holder) that comes with the Treos.
    ###
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    I've noticed PalmPuke doesn't work with the fake/plastic SD card (SD card holder) that comes with the Treos.
    ###
    PalmPuke, as with any software, can only detect that the card's pins are no longer connected, probably by testing the voltage of the card, that's something I can't speak for.

However, examine the placeholder that came with your Treo 650, it doesn't have pins, no pins, no voltage, the palm doesn't technically know that there's any connection with the card unless they implemented some kind of test on the spring/locking mechanism.
    I use PALMpuke which screams and burps when the card comes out. With the sound on, you can always catch your card popping out.

If this continues to be a problem, has anyone considered putting a little bit of tape on top of the slot?
    I have never had my SD card pop out on my Treo 600. However, the dummy card used to pop out all the time. Go Figure. I just guess it (my Treo) wanted me to put out the bucks before it started to cooperate.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I guess I will put in a plug for CradleCare. It does a great job of monitoring your SD card. Yes it will tell you when it pops out of your Treo, but it will also make sure it is *always* mounted. The 600 had a big problem with this. The card would just disappear and many things like your backups would fail. CradleCare monitors the SD card state and will automatically remont the card if it sees it disappear. (It knows the difference between an ejected card and a card that is still in the Treo but not recognized.)

I am also the late person to modify CardKeeper and I have not gotten around to porting it to the 650 yet. Mainly because CradleCare is ported to the 650 and does "CardKeeper" functions plus so much more.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Freejack
    That is one nice thing about the palmone form fit case. It has a strap on top that goes right over the sd slot. Makes sure I can't lose it.

Pretty much same with the Krussell. IF not for the design of the case, I'm sure I'd have lost the SD card many times. It is, or seems to be, spring loaded. Any pressure on the top of the card is going to cause it to attempt an eject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    Pretty much same with the Krussell. IF not for the design of the case, I'm sure I'd have lost the SD card many times. It is, or seems to be, spring loaded. Any pressure on the top of the card is going to cause it to attempt an eject.
    Another thing I do to *all* of my cards is file down the top and bottom of the cards. If you file both the top and the bottom of the card, you can reduce the length of the card by about 2 mm or so. This is enough to make the card flush with the top of the Treo. This reduces the unwanted popouts by about 99%.

Jeff
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...sd+card+dremel

I filed down my 1GB card hours after I got it..hasnt popped out once, I used a dremel to do the majority of it until the plastic slightly started to crack open..I could see the edge of the circuit board and then used the fiances nail file..big black one 1 inch wide

The whole time I kept putting it in the slot and pushing down on the very edge of the card with the stylus until it sat lower than flush, I then took polyfil and smoothed it in the end with my finger and let it dry and did a few more swipes with the nail file and then I used a black sharpy to color match

Not once has my SD card came out, phone has been accidentily dropped twice also and this didnt make it eject either.

When I want to remove the card now I use the stylus and push down and it pops up no problem.
    Basically palm one should improve the design of the Treo with the next generation that comes out. The slot where the SD card goes should have a small cover that snaps shut to close it. This is no different than a digital camera and how they design the slot where the card is inserted. I have never seen a digital camera where the opening for the memory card is exposed like they do on the Treo.

IMHO, this is simply poor product design.
    I agree with the last few posters. The design sucks, but also filing down has helped me. I just got a new 1gig card and will be doing that soon. I do have a question as to why you filed down the bottom of the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by KBS
    I use a freeware program called palmpuke. Lovely name, but it it has about 8 sounds to choose from that it will make while inserting or ejecting the card. I use the "scream", which WILL get your attention if the card accidently ejects, as well as anybody that may be standing close to you!

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/palmpuke.shtml
    Thanks for the tip. I just installed the program and love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by denik
    I lost a 128MB card a couple months ago. Not sure how it disappeared, but I didn't notice it was gone until the next morning. I was a little drunk the night before also.

I see a pattern here. I wonder if P1 can fix this.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Not taped to the phone, just stick a piece of tape on the top edge (or two, whatever it takes to make it thick) so the card sticks in the slot. That way, it won't pop out. I leave a little tape tab for pulling on (otherwise, the card is a b**ch to get out of the slot). I haven't lost another card since.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12