1.    #1  
    Hey, so i thought i should start a thread about the positive side of the Jabra BT800... for those who are sticking with it (hopefully i'm not the only one)... I obviously had some troubles the first few days i've had it... but now after a few weeks i've figured out some of the tricks to making it work, and while i still have issues now and then, i am very satisfied with it... so here's the stuff i have found- does anyone have any additions?

Pretty much, i've found the device wants to keep some sort of bluetooth connection open with the phone most of the time. and if the phone has been on for a few minutes, the headset works flawlessly, but if the phone has just turned on, i get delays up the yingyang. So i turned on BT wakeup. with it i'm able to turn the phone on with the voice dial button on the headset (no voice dialing support though) wait a few seconds and i try to bring up the recent call list and between the first and third try, the list comes up and i can make calls.
    on the headset i turned off the ringers, but i let vibrate stay... it lets me know when the headset is working because it vibrates with an incoming call with the callerid... otherwise it seems as if the headset delays even further as it plays the ringtone... so that's ringer from phone- silent, but with vibrate on... also the btmute fix works wonders for the volume, but thats obvious...
    does anyone else have any tricks they tried that worked or failed?
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Doesn't keeping a BlueTooth connection open kill your battery pretty quickly? I wouldn't think that the phone or the headset would be able to last all day if they're both constantly active.

What kind of delays are you having with incoming calls? Are you saying that by pushing the headset's button the phone will wake up, and then you can dial the phone and the call will transfer immediately?
  3.    #3  
    well i know that keeping an active blutetooth connection kills battery but i've seen it where if my phone is sitting sleeping with the screen off, and a call comes in the headset picks up after a huge delay. but if i'm playing solitaire or something and a call comes in, within 2 rings the call is on the headset...

every time i've made an outgoing call by looking up a number on the headset, it works instantly, there is no 10+ second delay as others including myself have seen at times.
    but the number lookup on the phone doesn't always work, sometimes it comes up with list empty- meaning the connection isn't properly working.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    How are you looking up numbers on the headset? Is yours holding caller ID info? (mine never did, never even displayed caller ID)
  5.    #5  
    mine is... i suggest you try turning on the allow bt wakeup... mine didn't until i did. i also have my handsfree auto answer disabled.
    well i've found that the headset does not hold caller info... it only accesses the call info from the phone. it picks up on calls that i answered while the headset was off.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    So basically two people kept it.
    Anyone want to dump theirs, I might consider it for my weekend phone (V3). I hear it works well on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    if i'm playing solitaire or something and a call comes in, within 2 rings the call is on the headset...

every time i've made an outgoing call by looking up a number on the headset, it works instantly, there is no 10+ second delay as others including myself have seen at times.
    but the number lookup on the phone doesn't always work, sometimes it comes up with list empty- meaning the connection isn't properly working.
    I've had a BT 800 for six weeks. When I first called Jabra with complaints I was asked, "how did you get that headset, it isn't sold in the US yet."
    Anyway, my experience with the headset is very mixed. When I'm actually connected I'm very pleased with its performance. I really like the charging arrangement, as I can use USB cables for both phone and headest when traveling. No chargers to drag along.
    I seldom can pick up an incoming call off the headset. By the time it connects (5-6 rings) the call's gone to VM. Call ID seldom works, but sometimes I have a complete list of 10 previous calls.
    Through experimentation I found that incoming call pickup is very fast immediately after turning on the headset. After 30 sec or so it'll go to the incredible delay. (Tough to anticipate an incoming call and turn the headset on immediately before it comes in, though!)
    Placing outgoing calls works almost flawlessly by pushing a headset button, waiting about 10 sec and then placing the call. Once again waiting too long and the connection delay will again set in.
    Bottom line: I've just ordered the PalmOne 650 Wireless Headset. We'll see how long that takes to arrive. Then I'll be ready to sell my BT 800. Alas.
    Only a Red Sox fan could love something that should be great but fails consistently over time. Looks like the Treo 650 and bt800 is more like 1918 than 2004.
    Just messing around Kenundrum.

Evan