1.    #1  
    I have an SBS2003 server with Exchange 2003 running. I have an email address of fakename@fakedomain.org. My web site is www.fakename.org and is hosted by my ISP. I have registered another domain name that points at my servers IP address. It is fn.org. I had to create an MX record that points mail.fakename.org to my server fn.org.

I followed the instructions in the chatter manual to setup IMAP on my server. I created a new virtual server called "fn". What is my IMAP Server name for Chatter? Would it be mail.fakename.org? That's what I use for Exchange mail clients. I just can't figure out what to type into Chatter. mail.fn.fn.org? Help anyone?

Also is there a reason why I need to create a new IMAP4 Virtual Server when there is already a default one in SBS2003? Is there a reason not to use the one called "Default IMAP4 Virtual Server"?
    Last edited by scsanden; 03/19/2005 at 11:14 AM. Reason: corrections
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    This thread should be in the Chatter forum not the T650 hardware forum.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  3.    #3  
    Please excuse. Moderator please move to proper forum.
    Your mail server will be the same hostname, mail.fakename.org