Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    3 days into my 650 have produced some interesting observations. For example, the touchscreen requires several taps to get a link to open ; whether it be a web or url link within an email or a command link within an app. Has anyone else noticed this?
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
  2. KLR
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I've noticed this too, but only with web surfing. I haven't had any problems with applications. I've tried recalibrating the touchscreen to see if that would help but it didn't.
    If you have a screen protector it may be the source of the problem.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Nope, no screen protector here.
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    I had something similar on my first T650 which I had replaced because of the HALRadio problem. The replacement is perfect - in fact the digitiser is faster & smoother than the one on my Tungsten E.
    Palm IIIex --> Zire 71 ---> Tungsten E --> Treo 650
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I'm on hold withP1 support now; I want to return this thing because not only is the touchscreen unacceptably insensitive, the call volume is sooo low even on max. I can barely hear the person on the other end. Not very enthused so far considering I am upgrading from a 600. Perhaps a replacement will fix these issues.
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    wait for the page to load in the web browser before tapping, mite help???
    i've seen this as well when using blazer - i don't think it has anything to do with the touchscreen, just the difference between clicks vs. doubleclicks, or maybe the page loading timing that maoun mentioned. if at first you don't succeed, click click again...
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied
    3 days into my 650 have produced some interesting observations. For example, the touchscreen requires several taps to get a link to open ; whether it be a web or url link within an email or a command link within an app. Has anyone else noticed this?

I went into Blazer Preferences on the 'General' Tab and changed the 'Tap and Drag' settings to 'Scrolls Page' and it solved the multiple click problem for me. I am still running the old Software and Firmware, as I have only had the device for 4 days and have not gotten around to tweaking everything the way I want. And then I learned there is an update. Hopefully the update won't break Blazer again. <g>