1.    #1  
    I'm not sure if this is a mapopolis problem or something with my Lexar 1 GB SD card, but for some reason it will not let me copy maps from ram to sd card. i've tried copying while in the program, I've saved the maps through my card reader, but they still don't show up when I open mapopolis.
    as stupid as it sounds, you might want to try reformatting the card... or making sure that the lock switch isn't accidentally moved when you insert the card.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Where did you store the maps on your card? I created a folder called "maps" on the root directory of the card. I open my Mapopolis to point to the "maps" folder. By default now, it always point there.

I am using the latest beta version and a Lexar 1 GB SD. I also store Mapopolis on the card as well and use ZLauncher to run the app.
  4.    #4  
    i've tried reformatting and the cards in the unlock position, I'll try creating a seperate folder for the maps though and see if it works
  5.    #5  
    Here's what I figured out: When I hit copy in Mapopolis to copy one of the maps from RAM to the SD card, although it doesnt show up on the screen, when I open the SD card through my card reader on my pc, it shows that the map was copied over to the card.

So the problem is just that I cant access it when on the device. I've tried formatting from the PC and also from the Treo.

I feel like I might need to get my Lexar card replaced. I know its not the Treo because I actually just got a replacement on Thursday and I had the same problem on the old unit.
    It might be the Mapopolis application. Have you tried re-installing it again? I am using 2.17 beta.
    I store my mapoplis maps on the sd card originally in a folder called maps. When I want them in ram, I simply copy from card to ram. When I'm done, you can delete from ram and it will be back on the sd card. I love the program. It works great with my holux bluetooth gps.
    Quote Originally Posted by redcap
    Where did you store the maps on your card? I created a folder called "maps" on the root directory of the card. I open my Mapopolis to point to the "maps" folder. By default now, it always point there.

I am using the latest beta version and a Lexar 1 GB SD. I also store Mapopolis on the card as well and use ZLauncher to run the app.
    Where did you get the latest beta version? My version, 2.3, from their web site, works rather poorly. For example, when I find a street and go to it, the map does not highlight the street so I really don't even know which line on the map is the street I want. Is there a special Treo 650 version?

mgabel
    Quote Originally Posted by mgabel_pi
    Where did you get the latest beta version? My version, 2.3, from their web site, works rather poorly. For example, when I find a street and go to it, the map does not highlight the street so I really don't even know which line on the map is the street I want. Is there a special Treo 650 version?

mgabel
    Solved the display problem: setting, display, set colors, set to default display colors. Still would like to know about that beta version.
  10.    #10  
    And I've solved the problem with the maps not showing on the SD card. My new question is: i've loaded a number of states onto the SD card and stored them in seperate folders. What's the best way if I'm traveling long distance across different route maps and want to use GPS. Do i have to move each map to ram as I drive across that place?
    I wouldn't bother moving them at all. Current versions of Mapopolis can read the maps right off the SD card.
  12.    #12  
    So is it just my Lexmark sd card thats so slow, doing a find search is painfully slow in mapopolis.