1.    #1  
    Did a forum search... hadn't heard of this one either..

The battery strength icon in the upper right hand corner of the 650 is flickering intermittently.

I'd love to swap this unit but early on I dropped it (from only about one foot off the ground) no effect on the unit, but it has scuff marks on it on the corner that's unprotected by the case... enough for them to think that's why it's acting up... bummer.

Anybody heard of this flicker?
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    Did a forum search... hadn't heard of this one either..

The battery strength icon in the upper right hand corner of the 650 is flickering intermittently.

I'd love to swap this unit but early on I dropped it (from only about one foot off the ground) no effect on the unit, but it has scuff marks on it on the corner that's unprotected by the case... enough for them to think that's why it's acting up... bummer.

Anybody heard of this flicker?
    Do you use Chatteremail?
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Mine flickers..I am using Chattermail
  4.    #4  
    nope
    Yes mine flickers occassionally and it starts at the bottom of the battery icon and moves up just before the percentage remaining changes and I regard this as normal behaviour. GSM ROW T650. No chattermail.
  6. noc
    I have this flickering also. Was on my first, and is also on my second one. Doesn't seem to do anything, but it is unnerving to see it. Makes you feel like she's gonna blow at any moment. I have GSM unlocked 1.15/1.06 and some 3rd pary apps.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Yep, same here on my Cingular 650. Does not occur all the time, though.
    My Cingular Treo 650 also has the battery icon flicker (I do not use Chatter), and I noticed that the battery drains very quickly compared to my Treo 600 with the same usage and same programs loaded. The battery does not seem to last as long since the recent Cingular update.
    i have seen it flicker. i thought nothing of it...maybe the unit was doing something while trying to update. i think it did that since i bought it (650 cingular 1.13), and it still did it after i upgraded to 1.15. i can't tell you anything about what it does now that i have 1.17, because, well, the battery doesnt stay charged long enough for me to see .

but seriously, i have had no apparant problems related to it.
    I have the flicker on my refurbished Sprint PCS 650. Do not use Chattermail. I also have a screen that flicks not all the time, but most of the time, flicks to a white and then black again. No idea why. Works normally though except the batter doesn't last long.