1.    #1  
    When Log into the web, it shows that it is recieving data real real slow. Then it says timed out, what is going on here? Is the cingular network conjested? I was getting great speeds 2 days ago. I did a soft restart also. I am in the bay area california.
    Same thing in Kansas City...
    I have also been experiencing terrible performance on Cingular EDGE from time to time lately.
    My gut feeling says not to worry about it. I believe it's a temporay problem that should be resolved eventually.
    Give it a few days or a week at most. Call cingular and complain, they might even have an explination.

-Taylor
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    So glad to hear its not my imagination. I'm also in the Bay Area (Marin) with Cingular. I've noticed TERRIBLE performance lately, mostly when I'm in SF or the East Bay. It'll work fine one minute, then the next my downloads are stalling constantly. I've been repeatedly resetting the phone and shutting off the cell connection, to some success, but not always.

I did call 611 the other day, but was told that I'd need to call from a land line and they would "reset" my web connection. I haven't had the time to call since.

It seems like I've also had a lot of general cellular gremlins lately...dropped calls, hanging connections, phone freezes... could it be solar flares?
    Sorry, just noticed that this is the 650 forum. I'm using a 600, but it sure sounds like a related problem, EDGE or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by blocktek
    Sorry, just noticed that this is the 650 forum. I'm using a 600, but it sure sounds like a related problem, EDGE or not.
    Yes, I don't think it's EDGE, I think it's all of Cingular as an ISP. The way the problem is so wide spread, I don't think it's a wireless problem, rather something going on with with the ISP (routers, switches, backbone, etc.) end of it.
    Again, this is educated speculation on my part but I think the point is that I doubt it's over used bandwidth and more likely network issues.
    However, if it was over used wireless bandwidth, it would affect both EDGE and GPRS just the same.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G