1.    #1  
    Do these applications perform any useful function at all?

1. Is there any easy way to copy all contacts at once to or from the SIM card? The SIM Book application seems like the obvious place for this, but as far as I can tell it's not there. This option exists on plenty of LOW END PHONES, why not my $600 PDA?

2. What's the deal with the SIM Services application? All I get is the following message when I try it. Anyone getting anything different?
    "Unable to retrieve the SIM Services menu. Either there are no SIM services provided by your mobile operator, or there was an error when talking to your SIM."
    SIM Book: thats for the numbers that you have stored on your SIM card...from there you can edit, delete, remove, rename your contacts already on the SIM card

SIM Services: Only used for when you have a Pay as you Go SIM, as far as i know
    When I first put it my sim card into my treo 600, it prompted me to copy all names and numbers.

I think this functionality was cancelled now that the Contacts app will integrate names and numbers from the SIM.
    I stand corrected. if you go into the 650's contacts app, there is a menu option to import from SIM. Good Luck. By the way, this Treo is one of my favorite phones by far despite the learning curve
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdan333
    Do these applications perform any useful function at all?

1. Is there any easy way to copy all contacts at once to or from the SIM card? The SIM Book application seems like the obvious place for this, but as far as I can tell it's not there. This option exists on plenty of LOW END PHONES, why not my $600 PDA?

2. What's the deal with the SIM Services application? All I get is the following message when I try it. Anyone getting anything different?
    "Unable to retrieve the SIM Services menu. Either there are no SIM services provided by your mobile operator, or there was an error when talking to your SIM."

Ahhh, ya beat me to it. Just switched from Sprint to Cingular (ATTWS) 650, and like you, couldn't figure out how to copy the contacts to the SIM card, except I don't see any real point in doing it unless you're going to send SMS to them. Other than that, I don't see the point. Missing something?
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    The point is, if you want to migrate to another phone, or use your contacts on another phone (without syncing), it would be helpful. Anyone know how to copy the info onto the SIM card?
    Use the copy to sim option in you contacts submenu
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    That's to copy all the contacts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie
    Use the copy to sim option in you contacts submenu

One at a time, right? I don't see any way to copy all, or copy a group.
    PLEASE Let Let me know!!

One at a time, right? I don't see any way to copy all, or copy a group.[/QUOTE]
    I just thought of this today as well. I upgraded my phone from a SonyEricsson and had this great program, PhoneAgent in OSX. It basically let me download the SIM via bluetooth to my mac so that I could edit all of the entries. It's great to clean up that SIM.

I was hoping for a way to do that on the Treo. I can't believe there isn't a batch upload to the SIM. I do take out my SIM from time to time and throw it in my other phones, so I'd like to have a one touch command to replace the card. All other phones have it, can't believe the Treo doesn't.
    I recently (friday) recieved my replacement. It has new firmware 1.15 and software 1.06
    I have had no resets so far (two days and counting)