1.    #1  
    i want to be able to play mp3 as ringtone for my 650. i have a demo of pocket tunes and ring tone mgr like ringo. It seems that each 3p ringtone app you have to buy also requires that you buy pocket tunes.

is there one that will use the realplayer that comes with the 650?
    Ringo doesn't require Pocket Tunes.
    I thought regular Ringo needed Pocket Tunes, but that Ringo Pro did not.
    Quote Originally Posted by dansamy
    I thought regular Ringo needed Pocket Tunes, but that Ringo Pro did not.

that is correct.
    Thanks. I'm still trying to sort out which apps I want versus those that I "need". I had thought I had seen that bit of info about Ringo somewhere on here. Also, if I use Ringo Pro for my mp3 ringtones, is there any advantage of Pocket Tunes or Pocket Tunes Deluxe over the included RealPlayer?
    PTunes has a bass boost, a graphic equaliser and u can change skins. It has much more advanced features in the delux version that are too many to list here, check their website or get a trial version and play about, it is no sweat to delete it if it is not for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by dansamy
    Also, if I use Ringo Pro for my mp3 ringtones, is there any advantage of Pocket Tunes or Pocket Tunes Deluxe over the included RealPlayer?
    you can stream audio (shoutcast)
  8.    #8  
    I went ahead and bought license for ringo pro. it works great. real player suffices for me. i have an ipod for serious listening--i only listen to music in my truck anyway, and have ipod broadcast through car stereo. for me, i just wanted the novelty of mp3 ringtones.