Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I've been using my 270 on T-Mobile for quite some time. I'm paying for the $19.99 Internet. I got my unlocked GSM 650 today, and when I put the SIM in, the phone and SMS worked fine, but I don't get an indicator for GPRS. When I try to go to a Web page in Blazer, nothing happens. I went to the store (Beep America) where I originally got my phone service, thinking it might be the SIM, and the gentleman there spent about 45 minutes on the phone with T-Mobile and ended up telling me that they tried to send T-Mobile software to the phone, but it didn't work. I have to return to the store Monday, when they will have received software, then they'll call PalmOne to get the codes to install. Did anyone else have this difficulty configuring Web access?
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    What are your settings in Prefs->Network? What is the Service? It should be something like T-Mobile Internet or T-Mobile VPN (depends on which $19.99 plan you have).
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Did u try the T-mob configurator?

https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clie...a_support/wap/
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    What are your settings in Prefs->Network? What is the Service? It should be something like T-Mobile Internet or T-Mobile VPN (depends on which $19.99 plan you have).
    T-Mobile Internet is what I've been using on the 270. When I choose it, then try to connect, I get "An error occurred opening the network connection."
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimzo
    Nimzo, I went to that page (I never heard of this before, in spite of being a loyal TreoCentral reader), but there's no option to choose a Treo phone.
    Try the option for SE T610....and see if it works.
    Mine downloaded fine when I first set up my phone, however if you are using TMobile VPN Internet, the settings would be:

Prefs
    Network
    New
    Service: name it TMobile...
    Connection: GPRS
    User Name: a
    Password: a
    APN: internet3.voicestream.com

If you don't need VPN, then I think you can use, internet2.voicestream.com for regular internet but I'm not sure as I use/need VPN.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Thanks for replying.

wdunn, I tried setting up a new network connection, but still get "An error occurred opening the network connection."

Nimzo, I'm a little leery of choosing a different phone and having them send a configuration that breaks something.

All suggestions are appreciated.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    What kind of configuration are expecting T-Mobile to send to your phone? I'm not aware of the GSM operators sending "stuff" to our phones.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    What kind of configuration are expecting T-Mobile to send to your phone? I'm not aware of the GSM operators sending "stuff" to our phones.
    they could update the sims over the air. when i had the 270, my phone number would not show up on the phone info screen, after calling t-mo they sent an ota update to the card and up came my number.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    When I've had to call T-Mo and make changes to my phone, I receive a text message notification with some sort of code. When I asked T-Mo about this they stated that indeed they were sending info to my phone dealing with network related issues.

One example was that I was having a tough time jumping on to a T-Mo partner carrier in SW Mexico. I phoned them (T-Mo) and a few seconds later received a text message with some sort of code. At that point the phone began working on the other network without issue.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    The people at Beep America told me they would definitely be able to work out the problem on Monday, once they get some software and are able to talk to PalmOne. They said the unbranded phone needs some T-Mobile software. I'm not exactly sure what they'll be doing, and I'd love to hear someone else say they had a similar situation they resolved by themselves.

Anyone, anyone?

I also feel a bit guilty because the problem is obviously not Beep America's and they're spending a lot of time on this. BTW, when they looked up my account, they said there was a free upgrade from my 400 minutes Family Plan to 500 minutes. I hope this store and its employees never move!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I just checked my account on T-Mo's Web site. They still show me as having a 270. If I choose a 600, they want me to download a system upgrade, then run an updater program. Has anyone used the 600 updater on a 650?
    emen8, I'm surprised to hear you're having issues - I switched from a BB 7100t to the Treo (so, I had to switch from the BB plan to the T-Mobile Internet plan) and my data connection worked right after I called T-Mo CSR to switch the plans. My selection is "T-Mobile Internet" in Prefs --> Network. Oh, and, mine worked even when their website listed my phone as the BB 7100t so I don't think that'll really make a difference.

I'd be wary of having to install software to get it to work on the GPRS network...good luck and let us know how you make out.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I took a deep breath and did a hard reset, then synched. Success! Thanks for all the advice.