1.    #1  
    i have tried using the search function for this and had too much info to sift through to find the answer to this 1 quesion....
    is it possible to listen to mp3's through the oem handsfree?
    i realize it is not stereo and i have to buy the add'nl adapter to use headphones, but as i stated above, i am wondering if, in the interim i can use the oem handsfree.
    thanks!
    If you are talking about the wired handsfree earbud that comes with the treo, then you can use it to listen to mp3's via pocket tunes. You dont have to buy an adapter either, just tape (or rubberband) down the 'talk' or 'answer' button on the earbud...it will push the sound to the speaker after a few seconds.

If you want to be able to use any wired headset to listen to music, you can buy the program called Freedom. It does the same thing as pushing the talk button on the wired headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    If you are talking about the wired handsfree earbud that comes with the treo, then you can use it to listen to mp3's via pocket tunes. You dont have to buy an adapter either, just tape (or rubberband) down the 'talk' or 'answer' button on the earbud...it will push the sound to the speaker after a few seconds.

If you want to be able to use any wired headset to listen to music, you can buy the program called Freedom. It does the same thing as pushing the talk button on the wired headset.
    I used the trial version of FREEDOM and find the application quite expensive for what it can do. Now the trial period has expired. I am not able to delete this application from my phone. I use FILEZ as my file manager. Please help. I want to delete this application FREEDOM.
    Last edited by ajayacharya_250; 03/31/2005 at 06:16 AM.
    Freedom is a good program and really useful if you want to listen to mp3s (2.5 mm headset). Honestly, I use it and find it a must have for Treo 600. Think of it, it is around 15$.
    You can also purchase an ear-peice that has three rings on the connector. Test it first, though, the sound quality when on the phone may vary.
    Two questions on this....

Do you need the adapter from palmone, or can you get any old adapter from radio shack??

Also is the sound quality any better with headphones??
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    You can also purchase an ear-peice that has three rings on the connector. Test it first, though, the sound quality when on the phone may vary.

These are usually made for Nokia, but work finn on my 600.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    The Nokia headsets work fine...
    great, actually and mine from a Nokia 8290, my virgin phone (my first *sniff*) has better bass than wired 2-speaker headphones from RadioShack I bought for comparison.
    Go figure...
    Now, back to the Green Day album
    I got an adapter from radio shack, it was like 3.99 and it works great with regular headphones, without tape or rubberbands!

Although, I just had to shave off some of the plastic to fit the treos hands free jack
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoliHonig
    I
    Although, I just had to shave off some of the plastic to fit the treos hands free jack
    Yup. Totally foregt to add that important point - break out your SwissArmy knives and Leatherman's, folks, and it shall wor just fine!!
    Actually, just the file on the leatherman