1.    #1  
    I've seen that Push Mail for IMAP accounts is one of the most wanted features for any email application. Actually, that was one of the main differences between a BlackBerry and a Treo. But now Chatter mail does it and now with Pop mail it is kind of leaving SnapperMail behind. Snappermail Enterprise is not a cheap application and it should catch up faster on this. I think even adding more man power would be a good idea. It looks like the only SnapperMail programmer is getting so overload with work that he can't even respond to technical questions. I don't blame him, I would pull my hair too if I was the only programmer and had to do so many things at the same time.

Don't get me wrong. I love SnapperMail and that was the reason I bought it, but it is falling behind with the competition. Please keep me posted if the "Push" feature is coming soon.

Thanks,

Al
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I don't "he" is alone. I think it's a small company with maybe 10-20 employees...just guessing. I've had responses from several different individuals. Another reason it may take time is because their located in New Zealand.
  3.    #3  
    How about getting an extra developer instead of non technical people that just forward emails to other people. Seriously, I don't know how they want to stay up to date if they are spend their money on the wrong people.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I've seen that Push Mail for IMAP accounts is one of the most wanted features for any email application. Actually, that was one of the main differences between a BlackBerry and a Treo. But now Chatter mail does it and now with Pop mail it is kind of leaving SnapperMail behind. Snappermail Enterprise is not a cheap application and it should catch up faster on this. I think even adding more man power would be a good idea. It looks like the only SnapperMail programmer is getting so overload with work that he can't even respond to technical questions. I don't blame him, I would pull my hair too if I was the only programmer and had to do so many things at the same time.

Don't get me wrong. I love SnapperMail and that was the reason I bought it, but it is falling behind with the competition. Please keep me posted if the "Push" feature is coming soon.

Thanks,

Al
    According to their Yahoo Snapper Group "Push" will be available soon. They also said lot's of updates on their next release. So hopefully it won't be long now.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    According to their Yahoo Snapper Group "Push" will be available soon. They also said lot's of updates on their next release. So hopefully it won't be long now.....
    According to their Yahoo Snapper Group, it looks like Stuart is the only person that works on the updates. And when it comes to "Push" Mail this is what they have to say as of March 10 2005:

Push Email capability is on the to-do list for SnapperMail. Currently, we
    have no public info available on when it will be implemented.

--
    Michael M. Rye
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SnapperMail/message/17756

I have the impression that it is only on their to-do list and Stuart will probably get to it whenever he gets some free time from cleaning all the IMAP bugs, plus it seems that they have other priorities. I believe version 3.0 will have e-mail send/receive on the background and that's pretty much it. It is a nice feature, but I believe "Push" mail is way more important. I hope somebody from SnapperMail is reading this and revise their To-Do priority list and add some man power to help Stuart get things done faster.

Thanks,

Al
    Doesn't Xpress mail do this? If you're running the client on your computer of course. It seems to have the option in the preferences. Do you have to leave gprs on for this to work? I would assume so. I just "discovered" it thismorning and I've been playing with it most of the day. I like the feature that lets me access a folder on my computer. With it I can send myself a file should I need to. Sorry to wander off topic
    Treolo, I've been using Chatter Email and it rocks. I'd say switch ($32 for lifetime free upgrades). Marc, the developer and creator, provides phenomenal service and is constantly releasing new versions with bug fixes and enhanced functionality. He also offers a free 30-day trial.

Now, in interest of full disclosure, I've never used SnapperMail but when I compared its features, functionality, and price to Chatter, it was a no brainer.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    I've been looking at the new beta of Chatter with Pop3 fuctionality (I'm stuck with a Blackberry for work and use Yahoo for personal stuff - no IMAP). I'm on the fence if I'll purchase since I currently have Snapper. To be fair, I can't really compare Chatter to Snapper as it relates to Pop3 since it is only implemented in Chatter as a beta. I do get the impression that in the first "official" release Chatter will exceed Snapper's Pop3 abilities. Given the early stages of the Pop3 options, for me as a current Snapper owner, Chatter is not worth the $32 yet. However, if you haven't bought a third party e-mail app, I think the nod goes to Chatter.
  9.    #9  
    This reminds me of Verichat and Causerie Messenger. They both are trying to be the best one, but Verichat which is a most popular one and was the best one for a while is been playing catching up with Causerie Messenger lately.
    Now, SnapperMail used to be king of email for a long time in the Palm Arena. But lately it is losing ground next to email applications like Good Mail and Chatter which started very small and now it is making SnapperMail look like an outdated program.

Hopefully the rumors about a new 3.0 version coming out with Push Mail and mail retrieval on the background will make SnapperMail reclaim its Number 1 position.

Al
    I had used Snappermail since it was available, I always thought it was the best...after trying Chattermail with IMAP It would be hard to convert back..I bought Chatter right away and love it.

Recently Marc announced POP support which I only need for one account..I'll be happy when that becomes available but what impressed me the most is the one time fee Marc charges.

*The only other thing I wish for one day is custom MP3 alerts for different mailboxs or if possible filter by name for alerts eg; user1@hotmail.com , I hate the damn tone alerts ...if this happens one day this will be my perfect email app.
  11.    #11  
    First let me start by saying that I really like snappermail and that is why I bought the Enterprise version. However, I've not been really happy with the type of support I get. Usually, the type of answers to my questions are to reinstall everything or that somebody will get back to me. Now, the development is been very slow too. Also, I have not seen any major improvements since IMAP was supported. And why is that I say this? Well, if we look at Chattermail which is developed and supported by only one man, you will see things are completely different. Here is what timexx8 from Treocentral has to say:

"Even though I don't use AOL I will say once again Marc is *very* responsive to every customer request/complaint, he is truly the very best software support I have EVER seen for a one man team and if there ever is a award for programmer/support of the year he would have my vote in a minute!

Marc set's a standard by which other Palm programmers should follow, I'm not saying other programmer's do not provide exceptional support I can however say I see Marc posting daily and *listening* to his customers, he also answers every e-mail you send to him and though he is surely busy he will work with you to resolve problem's via e-mail...support like this nowadays is sort of rare and I applaud Marc mostly for the fact the he supports you *after* the purchase."

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=80808

So, how can one single person run the development and suppport of an application better than a whole team of about 4 people. I really don't know, but it is truely painful to see how much money I've invested on a product that is not well supported and charges so much for every update.

I hope the snappermail team realizes that we are no longer in 2003 when snappermail was the only usable mail solution for the Palm.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    So, how can one single person run the development and suppport of an application better than a whole team of about 4 people. I really don't know, but it is truely painful to see how much money I've invested on a product that is not well supported and charges so much for every update.
    This one person(Marc) is very dedicated and realizes his customers are impressed, I am also a former Snappermail Enterprise user which I immediately dropped after asking for a simple fix so the screen wouldnt come on when it checked mail!

Snappermail didn't think this was a problem but to me it was very annoying and they brushed it off...this was like 2 months ago!!! Something like this would have been fixed by Marc likely within a day and no more a week if customers complained...I know with Snappermail I wasnt the only one complaining about the screen lighting up every 15 minutes when it checked my mail.

It is doubtful I will *ever* go back to Snappermail, at least with Marc I know I can count on him to at least listen when I have a problem with Chattermail and he isnt gonna blow me off and claim "possibly in future versions this will be fixed" and yet 2 months later Snappermail still lights up while checking mail..Marc also offers his product with no upgrade fee!!

Fact's are Fact's, Marc has more than exceptional support and cares about his current and future customer's...I don't think I have *ever* seen someone from Snappermail address customers complaints/questions on Treocentral yet somehow Marc out of his busy schedule and multiple Chattermail updates has the time to visit this site and interact with the customers as well as answer all their e-mails he get's....his actions alone speak more than my words ever can and he provides the customer service everybody wants and deserves and then some...

I was a customer of Snappermail since they came out and had the little fish icon , sadly as mobile devices progressed Snappermail didnt and in the end all they wanted was more money for updates and provided less than adequate support for me, push email support has been talked about for how long? The screen lighting up while checking email has been happening for how long? ...enough said!