1.    #1  
    My at&t treo that i have unlocked (now with a cingular card) makes a terrible bussing noise on all calls (speaker phone, regular phone, ear bud). Any ideas what is causing this? How can I fix it? thanks
  2.    #2  
    FYI the data/internet work fine.
    a friend of mine has a the cingular 600 and it does the same thing! (I have the sprint 600 and can hear it on the other end.) I dont know where you are, but she is in the central florida area.
    I have had this happen to me a few times. what I did to fix it was take the phone all apart and clean everything out and when I put it all together I make sure the antenna is really tight, your antenna is just lose and if you make a call while pushing down on the antenna it should get ride of the static.
    My friends' phone is only 2 months old! But I will pass this info on to her. Thanks CMunn!
    See http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=buzzing

and other threads, too. It is a well-known problem; replace if you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50
    a friend of mine has a the cingular 600 and it does the same thing! (I have the sprint 600 and can hear it on the other end.) I dont know where you are, but she is in the central florida area.

you have to call palm technical support for troubleshooting or have it replaced with a reburfish for as long as your still within the Mfg warranty.
    easiest and best fix, is it get your treo replaced. Ive done this once for buzzing and once for white spots
    This is hella funny.
    I kid you not, I just finished putting the screws back in the 600 after re-shielding the mic wire with fresh aluminum foil (Hershey kisses wrappers work fine :P)
    This is the solution - it takes an eyeglasses screwdriver, 10 mins of your time and patience - DO NOT yank it apart like a Lego/Playmobile set. *slpas your wrist*
    Now onwards to grap the new Chatter w/ POP3 support and drop Snapper off at the orphange once and for all...
    I did the fix two months ago to complete success. I dropped the phone gently last week and the buzzing started again. I went in again and juggled the foil and said hello to all the parts again. So far I think that I fixed the buzzing again.
    Mine started doing a similar thing a month ago (that unit made it since May of last year!). Sprint (corporate) store ran it through the "tests" and it passed them fine. However, the tech noticed that in the "real world" it did have the call quality problem (which apparently the tests don't even test) and he put in for a refurb unit without any hassle. Either I got lucky that day, or Sprint is starting to improve their willingness to go out of their way to keep customer's phones operational- my warranty was up, but I do have the insurance. Last resort would be to open the unit and fix it yourself, definitely wouldn't do it if there's a chance of killing the warranty. The replacement phone I received has firmware rev. C as well as the improved camera, and works great thusfar.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    This board is priceless!!! Thanks a million for this truly easy, 10-minute, $2 fix. I cannot believe the buzzing is gone!!! I did a search for "buzzing" almost on a lark, as a last-minute try before I was to try and return my beloved 600 and lose it for at least a week to the repair shop, and all it took was that fix! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!