Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...ilUpdater.html

What is the Treo 650 Voicemail Updater 1.04?

This software updater resolves a known compatibility issue with some 64K SIM cards that cause your Treo 650's pre-programmed voicemail number to become corrupted or erased. When you tap on the voicemail icon, respond to a voicemail notification, press and hold the "1" key or access Voicemail from the Favorites menu, you may experience one of these conditions:

* You can't access voicemail
    * You're connected with an unrelated long distance operator instead of voicemail
    * You are prompted to enter your voicemail number after the Treo 650 resets itself
    * You may have requested Cingular Wireless to send an over-the-air (OTA) message to reset your voicemail number, and it may have worked for a short period but then become corrupted or erased again.

The Treo 650 Voicemail Updater 1.04 resolves this incompatibility and restores your voicemail settings to working order. After the update, you should not have problems accessing your carrier voicemail through the methods mentioned above.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Ooooh!

Should I do it?

My phone has no problems, although it is Treo650-1.02-CNG.

This is a firmware update....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I'm game - I have my faulty (resetting) 650 at home waiting for a return label, so I'll use it as a guinea pig tonight. 'Twill be interesting to see if the versions of any preinstalled apps changes as well.

It would be a pity if they did an entire firmware update and didn't take the opportunity to address some other documented problems at the same time, but then, it wouldn't surprise me either.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Anyone know if this update has any other fixes in it that might help reduce the random resets or the earpiece volume? I have an Axalto 64k card and therefore no voicemail problems. But a little more stability would be nice, and getting the 650 to REMEMBER in-call volume (even after hitting the confirm side button) would make the world a better place.
    Hey dutch, glad to see you're back on the job!

Todd
    I'm not having a problem with my Axalto SIM or voicemail. I'm reluctant to do the firmware upgrade just for this alone. I assume that I would need to re-unlock my T650 (I did save the 8-digit code from Cingular, and if the IMEI stays the same, then it should be no biggie). So where is the fix for BT DUN, and for the poor loudness of the handset speaker?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    If you do do it, make sure you do a "SOFT RESET", not a removal of the battery. For some reason this makes a big difference, otherwise the installer will not run properly. By soft reset, they mean hit the reset button.

good luck, mine is going right now

hoping for more stability but we will see

rob
    Keep us posted--I am reluctant to do the firmware upgrade if my T650 is relatively stable with an Axalto SIM (my VM is fine). I would jump if it included the BT DUN fix and also fixed the poor loudness of the handset speaker.
    Do not install this updater if:

You purchased an Unlocked GSM Treo 650 smartphone and are using it on a Cingular Wireless network (including former AT&T Wireless accounts).
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    If you do do it, make sure you do a "SOFT RESET", not a removal of the battery. For some reason this makes a big difference, otherwise the installer will not run properly. By soft reset, they mean hit the reset button.

good luck, mine is going right now

hoping for more stability but we will see

rob
    Please tell us what software version shows up after update. And whether you see any other fixes.

My Treo is totally stable (Cingulat, Gem+ SIM, network time sync, 8.7M free memory) and I don't want to mess up a good thing..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    What comes up is firmware 1.05 and software 1.04. Voicedialer seems to get trashed for some reason, but just reinstall it and it works fine. And I went from having 8.8mb free to having 10.1mb free. I dont know if this is because of memory leaks, or the trashing of files that I didnt need, but in either event, I now have more memory available.

Regarding the Gem+ Sim from the poster above, mine was stable too with the Gem+ sim for 4 weeks, then hell broke loose and I couldnt get it to stop reseting, the voicemail number changed, etc. Had the sim changed out and no more problems. To be safe, I would have it changed out, but dont say you werent warned when your on the trip far away and your phone craps out.

Anyway, good luck all, mine is ok so far

rob
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Well I just did on mine 650, took about 4 minutes and everything is cool, my phone still works like it used to be. Though I don't have VM problems since I have an old 32K SIM from 3 years ago when I signed up Cingular.

I noticed that the software version has changed from 1.02 to 1.04, well I'll take that as a firmware update lol.

Good luck to those who are going to apply this patch
    It's live on PalmOne's site:

Changes from 1.02 to 1.04 (fixes some voicemail problems). I didn't see this posted anywhere... maybe I'm the first
    Oops, I was looking at the wrong number. I have 1.02, but I'm not having any problems with voicemail.
    Last edited by Tonylmiller; 03/18/2005 at 05:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarlp
    It's live on PalmOne's site:

Changes from 1.02 to 1.04 (fixes some voicemail problems). I didn't see this posted anywhere... maybe I'm the first
    This is not the infamous patch that has been rumored and discussed since Dec. 15th!
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarlp
    I didn't see this posted anywhere... maybe I'm the first
    But then again, maybe not.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I think I'll wait until a few people do this, and let us know how it goes.
    What is the Treo 650 Voicemail Updater 1.04?
    This software updater resolves a known compatibility issue with some 64K SIM cards that cause your Treo 650's pre-programmed voicemail number to become corrupted or erased. When you tap on the voicemail icon, respond to a voicemail notification, press and hold the "1" key or access Voicemail from the Favorites menu, you may experience one of these conditions:

You can't access voicemail
    You're connected with an unrelated long distance operator instead of voicemail
    You are prompted to enter your voicemail number after the Treo 650 resets itself
    You may have requested Cingular Wireless to send an over-the-air (OTA) message to reset your voicemail number, and it may have worked for a short period but then become corrupted or erased again.
    The Treo 650 Voicemail Updater 1.04 resolves this incompatibility and restores your voicemail settings to working order. After the update, you should not have problems accessing your carrier voicemail through the methods mentioned above.

.... from the website
    The Treo 650 has been out for 5 months... and then last week Palm was trumpeting "the new firmware is here, the new firmware is here!!!!????

THIS is the new firmware?... that they spent 5 months on.
    Ooo am I glad I stayed away from the 650.

If I had a 650, I would want to look PalmOne straight in the eye and I would want to tell them what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-a$$, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey sh!t they are!
    Hallelujah!
    Holy sh!t!
    Where's the Tylenol?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast