1.    #1  
    Is there a program like microsoft word or whatever that you can use on your palm to type documents up like a word proccesser?
    QED will allow you to create DOC format documents, but it's more like Notepad than MS Word.
    I have to agree with John - QED is the way to go. It breaks the 4K barrier of the Memopad and is a relatively easy word processor - very close to Notepad without some of the functionality (no replace). The beauty of it is that it also has a very small footprint compared to many of the other word processors that provide greater functionality.
    QED is a great program in most respects but, it was bult as a sorce code editor and it shows. This isn't a bad thing but if your doing wordprocessing I suggest LandWares TakeNote because of it's general intagration in to palm not to mention that the conduit is beter and its ten dollors cheeper
    Sam Kleinman

PocketPCThoughts.com
    CollectiveArts
    Free-ePress
    Musings of a Teal Artist
    CollectiveArts TechMusings

"Everybody don't like something and we all don't like you." -- Richard Thompson, Hard Luck Stories
    Originally posted by Celchu19
    I suggest LandWares TakeNote because of it's general intagration in to palm not to mention that the conduit is beter and its ten dollors cheeper
    Ummm..., when I looked at ZDNET, TakeNote cost 20 bucks more than QED .
    BEN
    But TakeNote also comes with a Thesaurus and has a pretty good conduit. AND it comes free if you get the GoType! keyboard.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Takenote is also much larger and I found the thesarus to be an unwanted addon to increase the cost. Had they not included the thesarus I would have purchased takenote over qed as I had seen it first but when I saw the memory required and the cost I continued to look and found qed which is very small at 29K.
    sorry your right, I must have mis read a few numbers
    Sam Kleinman

PocketPCThoughts.com
    CollectiveArts
    Free-ePress
    Musings of a Teal Artist

"Everybody don't like something and we all don't like you." -- Richard Thompson, Hard Luck Stories
    I haven't used QED or Take Note, so I can't give you a comparison. I do use SmartDoc, and it's been great for me. If you acquire Palm Doc as well, you get a pretty good package for intergrating notes on your Visor with MS Word.
    MEGADOC - see other post for details
    I'm checking out megaDOC right now (because someone else just suggested it, small world) and it seems that it might be beter than TakeNote if it dose what it says it dose. BTW Hows the conduit for megaDOC?
    Sam Kleinman

PocketPCThoughts.com
    CollectiveArts
    Free-ePress
    Musings of a Teal Artist

Conduit appears to work as expected. Even carries an amount of formatting over.