1.    #1  
    Is there a cheaper alternative than the $20 car chargers for the Treo650 assuming I can match the plug? I could not find the output voltage & wattage rating of this charger but the wall charger puts out 5.2v and 1.0A. Would another 6v car charger work if it was rated at least 1A? Radio Shack has 12v adapters starting at $6.
    Cant tell if you have Sprint phone or other. My Sprint phone came with a 6 inch adapter piece that allows one to use the Sprint universal vehicle
    adapter. That Sprint car adapter costs in the $20 plus range. Personally I already had that adapter. Also its $600 phone, the last place I personallly am going to pinch pennies is on something that potentially could fry my $600 phone insurance or no. Also you get what you pay for the Spint adapter is definately heavier and better made than the cheap ones.

rj
    Last edited by rjflyn; 03/18/2005 at 03:09 PM.
    Anyone have the 6 inch adapter cable supplied with Sprint phones that they would like to sell?

Send me a PM if you are interested.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    You do not need a charger that is exactly 1.0 A (amps). A lower amperage charger at the same voltage will just take a little longer to charge your phone. Put your hand on the charger once up to operating temp. If not too warm to the touch, you're A ok.

Quote Originally Posted by drugstorecowboy
    Is there a cheaper alternative than the $20 car chargers for the Treo650 assuming I can match the plug? I could not find the output voltage & wattage rating of this charger but the wall charger puts out 5.2v and 1.0A. Would another 6v car charger work if it was rated at least 1A? Radio Shack has 12v adapters starting at $6.
    I have purchased many accessories and found them to be fine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...31686&tc=photo

it is eBay but the price is 5.99 plus shipping
    Gene
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    A good car charger that I'd trust for less than $20? Not likely. MAYBE $15.

If you want to get the most "bang for your buck", I suggest the BoxWave MiniSync + car charger bundle. Retractable USB sync/charging cable that will charge your phone from USB bus power, plus a car adapter that will inject power into a USB cable. i.e. the cable can be used to sync/charge your phone from a PC, and also to charge your phone in the car. It's about $22 total for the bundle.
    the charger from dan's cellular acc on ebay is the real deal oem charger, just for much less. I can verify that because I bought one from palmone with my treo, then returned it after buying one from him. identical. not almost the same, 100%. he's selling the exact same products (batteries, chargers, cases) as the palmone store, just much much cheaper. all told I returned my spare battery and car charger to palm and saved about $30 even with shipping.