Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Which case(s) would you like to use out of this lot?

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/tips/Treo_650_cases.htm
    I am reviewing the Piel Frama Crocodile leather one and it is outstanding! The style alone has gotten several comments and is very nice. I have one of these for my Axim X30 and the case alone has kept me from selling the device, as crazy as that seems. I want to try that Proporta one though because it seems you can keep the case closed and do most everything, but text entry. I wonder how easy it is to use the keyboard though with the door open?
    Check out my ZDNet blog at http://blogs.zdnet.com/cell-phones/ and my SPE site http://nokiaexperts.com
    I have the Sena case--just as pictured in tan--and I love it. Except twice when I had to reset the Treo (arggh) I haven't taken the case off in the month+ I've had it. Flip down makes typing easy with the case on, and means no flap resting on my head when talking as with other cases that flip up. Solid construction and I've had numerous compliments on how nice it looks. Adds a bit of bulk, especially when you keep the phone in your front pocket as I do, but not so much I wouldn't recommend it. Magnets are good--strong enough to keep the lid closed, but I can flip it open with my thumb. And while it's not designed for this I can talk even with the lid closed, but works better with it open. And contrary to the review of this case on TreoCentral I find talking with the lid open to be perfectly easy and natural--kind of like having a flip phone of old.
    I've tried a number of high-end cases for the 600/650: Vaja iVolution, Vaja Classic (flip-style), Piel Farma flip-style, Nutshell belt-loop, Nutshell belt-clip. While the iVolution cases are very cool and high quality, they do not protect the screen, which resulted in my 600 biting the dust. There's a flip-down model out, for $130!, but it's a overkill in my view.

I'm sticking with the nutshell cases. They stay close to my body, and allow me to use the 650 out of the case, which I find easier. Close second would be the Vaja Classic. I don't like the Piel Farma cases because the belt-clips release accidentally too often.
    I have the Vaja(Blck same as pic w/o Belt clip)& I absolutely love it. I got my name inscribed, which is very subtle. Def worth the wait and $$
    Palm VIIx >>>Palm 505 >>>Palm Treo 650 Palm 700p >> Palm Centro >> Palm Pre
    I just got the EB Slipper case designed for the Treo 650. www.ebcases.com/Detail.bok?no=3311

I really liked my slipper case on the Tungsten T. The EB case is a little bulkier, but it does a nice job or protecting the unit, keyboard and screen.

I am not wild about the velro enclosure. The TT case has a magnet and allowed me to flip open the case with one hand. It felt like an old star trek episode opening an old style commuicator.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I liked my EB slipper case for the Axim X5, will check out the case for the treo as well. Thanks for reminding me.
    I use the skin case together with a side holster...

That way the screen is protected while in the holster, and the skin case keeps the Treo from getting any bumps and scratches, or from slipping out of my hand.

I tried the Sena magnetic flip case as well. It's real nice, but adds just a bit too much bulk for my taste. Keeping the "skinned" Treo in a side holster keeps it pretty snug against my waist and well protected in use...
    What skin case do you have that you are able to still use a holster? Every combo I tried was too thick to fit in my holster (Seidio). TIA.
    Last edited by TheTKDKid; 03/20/2005 at 05:24 PM.
    My apologies if this is a inquiry that shouldn't be asked??

I just got the Treo 600 .. is there a difference between the Treo 650 vs Treo 600 w/regards to the case(s)?
    Quote Originally Posted by inqui-Z-tor
    My apologies if this is a inquiry that shouldn't be asked??

I just got the Treo 600 .. is there a difference between the Treo 650 vs Treo 600 w/regards to the case(s)?
    Yes, subtle differences in the design of the two devices requires model-specific cases in most instances. Do a search here for any cases you are considering since the issue has probably been discussed as it pertains to the 600/650.
    Here's a different case I hadn't seen yet. Case
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Here's a different case I hadn't seen yet. Case
    That case sounds too good to be true - especially when you consider the $9.99 price.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    That case sounds too good to be true - especially when you consider the $9.99 price.
    I ordered something from this site last week and was told that there is a problem with the product. They said they have to send it back to the manufacture and get a replacement. So, I'll keep you posted as to whether this site is full of s**t or not.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Thanks .. I was wondering about that price too ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Take note it's for the Treo 600
    Quote Originally Posted by mhzimmer
    I use the skin case together with a side holster...

That way the screen is protected while in the holster, and the skin case keeps the Treo from getting any bumps and scratches, or from slipping out of my hand....
    I agree that this is the way to go. Which holster are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by MapaMan
    Take note it's for the Treo 600
    They make it for the 650 also.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?