Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Have any of you had the following problem... when I launch the Voice Dial program (by Voice Signal), it hangs on the screen that says 'Please wait while VoiceSignal activates your contacts...'. I've left it for 10-20 minutes and it just hangs there, everytime. This wasn't always the case, it's worked great for a couple of weeks. I first noticed the problem when I registered the program, but I'm not sure they are actually linkes. I've tried reinstalling it a couple of times, but the problem persists.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cibby
    Have any of you had the following problem... when I launch the Voice Dial program (by Voice Signal), it hangs on the screen that says 'Please wait while VoiceSignal activates your contacts...'. I've left it for 10-20 minutes and it just hangs there, everytime. This wasn't always the case, it's worked great for a couple of weeks. I first noticed the problem when I registered the program, but I'm not sure they are actually linkes. I've tried reinstalling it a couple of times, but the problem persists.

Any ideas?
    An old unanswered message, but this just happened to me. I went to the Voice Signal web site and found this in the FAQ and it worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceSignal
    Voice Dial takes a long time to update my contacts, and the following message is displayed on my handset “Please wait while Voice Dial voice-activates your contacts”. Is there anything I can do to improve the time it takes to update the contact list?

This issue is under investigation. However, there is a workaround: Turn-off the Treo handset, remove the battery, press the reset button, and put it right back in. This should free up some memory space. Let the handset restart and when it is back up, launch the application. You will be able to access Voice Dial.
    kind of a crappy workaround :/ voice dial just seemed to me to be lacking in functionality, havent used voice dial on any modern phones but sprint used to have a service like 8 years ago you dialed a number and heard beep said name and worked every single time like never missed still waiting for a voice dialing proggy for the 600/650 that works reliable