1.    #1  
    Anyone know of a hack that will turn off the opening of the default launcher when a SD is inserted? If my SD ever accidently pops out, putting it back in jumps out of my application and goes to the launcher. I dont think I would ever need this *feature* and would like to turn it off.. TIA
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    search for "launchthis"

it does exactly what you want
  3.    #3  
    Thx Dutch. Just what I needed. Found it at palmgear
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?T2A0424BA
    Link at freewarepalm was broken.
    Hope it helps.. It's one of the utilities that I have in my custom rom. One of those many little things that should be part of the OS
  5.    #5  
    Hmm.. doesnt seem to work. Checked both boxes. Any special trick to activate it? Wonder if I have to do a soft reset 1st

[Edit:] Ahh, nevermind. It seems that if you are *already* in launcher it will still switch to the card when you insert. I just disables opening launcher when you are in another app. Should solve the problem most of the time.
  6.    #6  
    On a related similar problem. This app. will notify you on ejection on the card. Handy to prevent losses on accidental eject. I have mine set to the boat foghorn at loud volume. I can see this is probably going to scare the heck out of me one day
    Palm Puke
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/palmpuke.shtml
    My usual question: Can it be installed and run off the SD card?

Looks like something that needs to be running in the background .. so my guess is: No

Aloke
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Just like I thought: it does nothing when installed on the card.

At 101K, I'll pass on this until P1 fixes the memory issue.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    My usual question: Can it be installed and run off the SD card?
    Looks like something that needs to be running in the background .. so my guess is: No
    Aloke
    Hmm.. So you are wanting an app that resides on the SD card and somehow runs *after* the SD card is ejected. That would seem kinda tough

[Edit:] Refering to PalmPuke the app that notifies you on SD card eject.
    Last edited by Hotoru; 03/18/2005 at 03:45 PM.
    I don't know how Palms work .. bit couldn't it get loaded into the memory from the SD card and do it's thing that way?

I admit, I'm not making sense....but, for apps on the SD card, do they not load up in the main RAM at all?

In any case, too big a footprint for some cute noises ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    for apps on the SD card, do they not load up in the main RAM at all?
    They do, but it's one-app-at-a-time-running in the Palm OS world. Plus, any app that makes use of system timers and/or "hooks" to the OS generally don'r work well (if at all) from an SD card.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  12.    #12  
    I don't know how Palms work .. bit couldn't it get loaded into the memory from the SD card and do it's thing that way?
    Yep, but it only loads from the card after you have launched it. In this case the "trigger" to launch would be the removal of the card... and then... well.. you would not have a card to run it from. And, as Mark said, you would have to have it "pre" loaded to even know it was supposed to run when the SD card was removed.

In any case, too big a footprint for some cute noises ...
    I have to agree, it does seem a bit big for what it does. But, would be worth it to me if it saved me loosing a $50-100 SD card. And, pales in comparison to adding a program like SnapperMail at 1000K when you already have a eMail program built in to the palm. (Not that I do not see adv. to snapper)