1.    #1  
    I have been a long time Cingular phone user with a National plan. I purchased off Ebay a unlocked AT& T Phone. I went into Cingular and had them change my SIM car. Unknown to me at that time they changed my plan which ended up being no big deal, but the phone part of my Treo 600 has not worked reliably sense then.

It is to the point now that if I have my light turned off (wireless mode on) I receive no calls. I called Cingular last night and he sent some codes to the phone, but we were unable to really check anything because I called from my cell phone, which is the only way I can ever get through to them (it seems). When I got off the phone with them I cycled the phone and it keeps coming up with a GSM Update. I say yes, but as soon as I do I get an "APP 8007" error. So it seems that my phone is not taking updates.

I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but when I turn on and off my wireless The screen says AT&T Wireless. I haven't done anything yet, but I'm looking for some suggestions. I fear that Cingular won't know much about the Treo and may give me grief, because it's an AT&T phone.

All help appreciated.
  2. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MicroRacer
    I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but when I turn on and off my wireless The screen says AT&T Wireless.
    Even if you unlock an AT&T phone the AT&T logo won't go away. The start up screen remains in ROM.

You will be able to see what network you are on when the wireless radio is turned on. It shows on the top of the phone screen.
  3. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MicroRacer
    unable to really check anything because I called from my cell phone
    It sounds like the phone is working to some extent if it accepts the Cingular SIM and allows you to make calls. This is a good thing. If it was still locked it wouldn't let you make a call and would give an error message about the SIM card.

I wouldn't advise updating the ROM because I beleive this will re-lock the phone.
  4.    #4  
    I got the phone to ring in with the backlight off now. All I did was do a soft reset. I am still unable to do a GSM Update. I still get the Error "APP 8007". Should GSM Upadate work. Isn't this the codes that Cingular sends out or is GSM Update something different? The reason I ask is that my voice mail box does not seem to be working sense I changed to the Treo 600. Cingular says they have sent codes to my phone, but voice mail still does not work.
    I seem to be having what might be a similar problem, but not as bad. When the 3am thing happens with the network it doesn't seem to be able to find my phone again until I either cycle off or make a call. Everything goes to voicemail.

I also have a ATT phone that I moved to cingular. I unlocked the phone & flashed the cingular firmware to the phone (which locks again) & then unlocked it. All of this can be found at http://mytreo.net . Give this a try, it's pretty easy & might solve the problem.

Unfortunitly I have not been able to find any compentent tech support at cingular yet and palmone just wants me to send the phone back to them to exchange since it's in warranty.
    I have an AT&T Treo 600 that still works fine after the Cingular merger. One day, I turned on my Treo and it said Cingular at the upper left hand corner of the screen. I would say that my cell phone service has improved since the change. I made absolutely no changes to my phone. It just switched over to Cingular.