1.    #1  
    Hi,

just picked up my treo 650. I have the 39.99 unlimited data plan.

Every time i go the internet, i get canceling or a cannot connect to the gprs or gprs not available,

i have tried various settings in the prefernces that i have seen posted. can any one help? Also how do i get rid of multiple "GPRS COPY " profiles i have now.

Very frustrasted!
    any help would be appreciated.
    39.99 unlimited data plan? are you sure that's not your phone plan?
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    traderf430,
    I had the same issue, I'm guessing you have the 650 GSM with Cingular. You need to go to Media net and register an account. It will tell you it is sending you a text messages with a password that you need to enter to continue registering. If you don't get the text message, call in. I never go mine so I had to call in and found out that I wasn't signed up for text messages so I never would have gotten it. Once you finish registering with media net you'll be good to go.
    The same thing was happening to me on 3/24/2005 in Orange County, CA.

I called Cingular and CS rep told that they are having Voice & Data Prob. in my area. So she transfer me to Tech. Support, this GUY in the Tech Support is a complete Moron.

First thing he told me is that I had the wrong Media Plan I should be using PDConnect Unlimited for $39.99 because I have MediaNetUnlimited for $24.99

I told him that I had my phone for 2 months now with MediaNet with no problems and today is the only time I cannot connect. Then he BS me and say that they had updated patches in their system and now I need PD connect inorder to work. I told him DO NOT change my Data plan to PDConnect and I also mentioned to him that a CS rep. told me about Data & Voice problem in my area. He replied NO problems reported at all in my area, WTF!!!!!!

Now I'm really Mad, so in the end he told me to try it later toward the day to see if it works.

So I tried to connect in the evening and what do you know it works, the Tech Support Guy is so full of SH@T!!!!!

In matter of fact it works right now with Media Net (3/25/05 @ 10:50Am Pacfic Time)

Then later that evening I went online to my Cingular account and what do you know that ***** CHANGED my DATA Plan to PDConnect $39.99, aaahhhhhhhh I'm so MAD.

SO I called this morning to complain and change it back to MediNet unlimited $24.99, and mentioned that if I get any charges I WILL call back and dispute.

I HATE CINGULAR SOOOOO MUCH...........
    Quote Originally Posted by traderf430
    Hi,

just picked up my treo 650. I have the 39.99 unlimited data plan.

Every time i go the internet, i get canceling or a cannot connect to the gprs or gprs not available,

i have tried various settings in the prefernces that i have seen posted. can any one help? Also how do i get rid of multiple "GPRS COPY " profiles i have now.

Very frustrasted!
    any help would be appreciated.
    If you power cycle the radio, can you connect?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    If you had a T600, and upgraded to a T650 by doing a backup to card on the T600 and restoring to the T650, it can cause this.