1.    #1  
    I've followed the instructions for a "Zero Out" reset, but I'm not convinced I got it right. The screen went blank,as the instructions say it should, but only for around 20 seconds - nowhere near the "several minutes (up to 10)" that the instructions cite. Furthermore, when it came back up, #*377 still brought up details of the last crash before the reset.

Has anyone else actually performed this procedure? If so, how long did yours take, and did you notice if it retained any information from before the reset?

By the way, I found it reasonably easy to do without an assistant - I placed held the unit in my right hand, facing away from me with the antenna stub on my right, and placed my index and middle fingers on the Power and Up keys. I then placed the stylus lightly into the reset hole and propped it lightly against my chest. It was then a simple matter to press the Hotsync button with my left hand and hit the reset by pushing the whole thing towards me. Sounds convoluted, but not that hard in reality.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  2.    #2  
    Hmm, answering my own question to some extent - I performed the procedure again, but this time, after the few seconds of blank screen, I interrupted the "boot up" process by removing the battery while the black bar was making its way across the bottom of the PalmOne screen. I left the battery out for about 10 minutes, and when I replaced it I found that the clock had reset to the default of 12:00am 1/1/03 and #*377 now says "No system errors recorded in log."

I guess that's as clean as it's gonna get.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Yes I have done it, and the screen was blank for only a few seconds, no residual information after the reset. i then realised that I really didn't need to do this function, and unless something horrible has happened to your ROM no-one needs to do this. A hard reset would suffice for nearly every error unless you are selling the handheld on and want it truely cleaned up. I guess that is why they make it so tricky to perform. I did it because I was stuck in a terminal loop, but have since realised that a System reset (warm) would have served my purposes where I could remove offending applications (i.e. AOL3.2 which was the problem...BTW there is now an AOL 3.3 for 650)
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scudder
    BTW there is now an AOL 3.3 for 650)
    How about a link?
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    How about a link?
    Here

or

here

or perhaps here

but first try HERE!!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Here

or

here

or perhaps here

but first try HERE!!!!
    LOL! good one!
    I followed your links just for kicks and cracked up on the last one!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone