1.    #1  
    I know the answer to this must be somewhere on this discussion board, but I am so new with the Treo 650 that I won't be able to figure it out. So please forgive the simpleness of my questions.

Problem: I am trying to set up my Treo 650 to get my work email. My company doesn't support Active Sync and Cingular (oh yeah I have Cingular service) XpressMail doesn't work either because my firewall won't let the desktop app access the internet. I've tried to set up a server side rule to forward my emails to my personal Pop3 but no server side rules allowed to forward mail (or if they are i am doing it wrong.

So what I am looking for is a workaround for this. Whether its a software app that I need to download (buy) or any other suggestions from people with similar problems.

Thanks alot. I appreaciate any help anyone can provide.
    Quote Originally Posted by bellhead
    I know the answer to this must be somewhere on this discussion board, but I am so new with the Treo 650 that I won't be able to figure it out. So please forgive the simpleness of my questions.

Problem: I am trying to set up my Treo 650 to get my work email. My company doesn't support Active Sync and Cingular (oh yeah I have Cingular service) XpressMail doesn't work either because my firewall won't let the desktop app access the internet. I've tried to set up a server side rule to forward my emails to my personal Pop3 but no server side rules allowed to forward mail (or if they are i am doing it wrong.

So what I am looking for is a workaround for this. Whether its a software app that I need to download (buy) or any other suggestions from people with similar problems.

Thanks alot. I appreciate any help anyone can provide.
    First of all welcome to the treocentral forums. Try a free 15day trial of Aileronmail and I think that's a best solution to your problems of fetching your business emails. Aileronmail is a comprehensive mobile messaging solution that helps you maintain your professional and personal communication with your world at any time. Aileron Personal Access is an ideal solution for mobile users who can access their mailbox using Internet protocols like POP3 and IMAP4 with or without secure (SSL) interfaces. It also interfaces with portals like MSN / Hotmail, Yahoo and AOL.
    For faster and interactive support, feel free to reach us online at www.corsoft.com. We will be glad to help you.
    Tim K
    bellhead - what about using IMAP or POP3 to retireve your email with VersaMail? Does your company allow access to email in either of these methods?
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
  4.    #4  
    Jeff -

Unfortunately, no. The IT department is very difficult. I know there has to be a way.
  5.    #5  
    Tim-

Which version of Aileronmail should I try? I see there are a bunch. I've read a bunch of stuff on Aileronmail and it does seem to be the answer, but i want to make sure I try the right one so I don't get frustrated and give up :-).

Thanks
    Tim-

Which version of Aileronmail should I try? I see there are a bunch. I've read a bunch of stuff on Aileronmail and it does seem to be the answer, but i want to make sure I try the right one so I don't get frustrated and give up :-).

Thanks
    Visit www.corsoft.com/download.asp webpage.

Then click on the windows icon on besides Aileron-S5.PRC(1st option) .

You can also download the Aileron-S5.PRC in Zip format (2nd option).

Mac PC users can download Aileron-S5.SIT file (3rd Option).

Also download the Aileron User guide (Aileron-UG.PDF) (4th option).

If you still have any issue to download drop us a line at solutions@corsoft.com .

For faster response feel free to reach us online for a live chat support from 7.00 am EST onwards and we will be glad to help.

Mark
    Customer Care
    Corsoft Corporation
    Tim-

Thanks
    Hi bellhead,

Hope the reply from Mark[my colleague] helps you in your query. Well the latest version is 5.1.45[1st option] on www.corsoft.com/download.asp . Try it out and do come back if you have any questions. Will be glad to help!
    Tim K