1.    #1  
    I just got my new 650(GSM), and every time I press the Messaging button, the unit resets. In Prefs I see that "Texter" is assigned to this button, and indeed when I try to run Texter from the apps window I get a reset.
    Texter is the sms app
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Texter is the sms app
    Hmmm...wonder why it would cause a reset. It did it even before I'd performed an initial Hotsync. I can do a hard reset and whne everything starts back up it will still cause a reset.
    Take it back. If you do a hard reset (meaning back to factory default) and it resets when you press the messaging button it's most likely a defect.
    - Albert Einstein
  5.    #5  
    Woke up this morning and decided to try another hard reset. This time there is no "Texter" app..but one called "Messaging". Evidently, hotsynching is bringing over something called "Texter" from my 600. I noticed that a hotsync installs all apps that were on my 600. Is there a way to prevent this? I'd rather just re-install them manually one at a time to check for compatibility.
    Search the forums, there are instructions for this.

Basically, you could simply remove everything from your backup directory before hotsynching, that should do it. Then you can add them back one at a time.

I think texter was the hacked version for the 600, IIRC. Did you ever install that on your 600?
    - Albert Einstein