1.    #1  
    Anyone used Chat Anywhere with Treo650? Pls comment. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I was wondering the same also. I almost exclusively use MSN for work and family so it's all I realley need. xwaiz, do you know if there is a trial period for the software before you buy?
  3.    #3  
    don't know if there is a trial period. But, I know user need to register to enable some features in the menu.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    What files do you need to install for this thing. I donwloaded and unpacked the files and there are about 12 files. OK, I can make out that I don't need the Thai, Chinese or other language files but what about the BIG5 and Eng files, do I need both?

Another Palm application with no documentation. How can developers expect people to buy software without any documentation?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    would u try the similar app--Chatopus? based Jabbar network. multifunctional,
    the flashpoint is Chatopus can "BACKGroundly" run , if a MSN message incoming, it will be an alert to notify u, it is very useful to stay online on MSN messanger and do something else.
    Chatopus is also perfectly double char language(Simp & Trad Chinese) support,
    Handspring treo 90/180/600
    pa1m0ne Treo650 palm Treo 680, palm Treo750,Centro,Samsung i780, Now Treo Pro
  6.    #6  
    since I only need MSN Messenger, I found this software meets my need so far.

All you need is ChatAW_Eng.prc to make it work. I don't use any other language files.
  7.    #7  
    Chatopus - it seems it goes through a Proxy (need to be a member of Jabbar network) ...
    ChatAnywhere doesn't need to go through a proxy at all (directly authenticates with MSN).

However, I could be wrong, pls correct me. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xwaiz
    since I only need MSN Messenger, I found this software meets my need so far.

All you need is ChatAW_Eng.prc to make it work. I don't use any other language files.
    Have you been using Chat Anywhere? How is it working for you? Is it always on and can it run in the background.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xwaiz
    Chatopus - it seems it goes through a Proxy (need to be a member of Jabbar network) ...
    ChatAnywhere doesn't need to go through a proxy at all (directly authenticates with MSN).

However, I could be wrong, pls correct me. Thanks!
    ur understanding is correct.
    but I think this is not the weakness for chatopus, heh.

mention to me, a MSN client that CANT running in background ( just like Chatanywhere,,,) is useless, I cant stay to waiting anybody's messange ,so have to make Chatanywhere always frontground running, and cannot do anything else.
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    If you like Chatopus, you are invited to download the latest 1.83 version at http://www.chatopus.com.

It now supports multiple font styles and provide a signal strength indicator on your Treo 650!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asiayeah
    If you like Chatopus, you are invited to download the latest 1.83 version at http://www.chatopus.com.

It now supports multiple font styles and provide a signal strength indicator on your Treo 650!
    heh, thx for ur update info.

BTW: I'm Nomad @Hi-PDA, heh, glad to meet u @ TC
    Where can find chat anywhere? All I located (via google) was a chinese page, and a Thai page....
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Thanks tcatnat
    I've been trying to find an MSN program for the Treo 650 that will work with Chinese language too. I really liked Verichat but couldn't get it to work with Chinese. Causerie wouldn't show Chinese either.

I just took a look at Chatopus, and it displays the Chinese perfectly, but the implementation is not as nice as either Verichat or Causerie. Haven't tried Chat Anywhere because it's still in beta. It doesn't work in background mode? That would be a real drawback.

Are there any other IM programs out there I might try?
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I think it does work in background mode. I installed Chat Anywhere yesterday and when I went to leave the application it asked if I wanted to stay signed in. I have not really spent too much time with it yet though. i will keep all posted.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    OK, I tested and there is not background mode. When you leave chat anywhere it disconnects you from the network even if you tell it to leave your data connection connected.

Looks like to get the functionality I want I will need to pay a subscribtion to Verichat, Causerie (sp), or IM+. Oh well.
    Does any of the chat software work with phpMyChat

There are chat rooms I would like to get access to but cannot
    find any information for palm software that would allow this to happen.

Any ideas?

Rbatsun - out
    To MSN in chinese and background waiting, chatopus is the only choice, until the Chatanywhere release the background standby function