1.    #1  
    I have a setup where I just installed MissingSync, then iSync and then Apple's PalmConduit. I just realized I don't have a Memo conduit anymore. I have avoided problems with Palm Desktop by not installing it, but I would like to use Memo Pad to sync with MissingSync's Mark/Space MemoPad.

Any ideas? I looked at the Palm installer that came on the Treo 650 Mac Installer CD on a Mac and it didn't give a custom installation option
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    you don't need Palm memo conduit with MissingSync. MarkSpace provides a memo conduit that syncs with the Memo app they have.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  3.    #3  
    I just found it in the disabled conduits folder. I just don't know why it got moved there.
    Thanks!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    MacUser,
    Please share...how you like missing sync. Is it new to you?
    I've been using e2sync without problems, but it doesn't have as many features as missing sync.
    I'd love to know how it's working for you.

Thanks,
    PRPRPR
  5.    #5  
    At first I had some problems with Palm and/or MissingSync(MS) and/or iSync and/or my 650. Once I eliminated the Palm Desktop from the equation and got my "A" SIMM card, things have been running quite smoothly.
    1. I like MS's Memo conduit/app to sync memos fast and easy.
    2. The MS Sync Manager is very clean and let's you easily sync only what you like.
    3. In iPhoto I have an icon for MS that let's me drop iPhoto pics right to it in the list and it gets put on my Treo.
    4. I use the MS icon in iTunes to drop all the songs I like to my Treo quickly.
    5. When I don't want to whip out my card reader, I can mount the SD card on my desktop to drop files quickly.
    6. I hear his updates are very timely and issues are resolved in a satisfactory fashion.

I've never used e2sync, so it may do all of this. MS was one of the first apps I bought for my Treo just because I've used other Palms in the past and I always hated HotSync Manager and not having control over which parts get synced when I didn't have 20 minutes for a full sync.

You should read up on their website and see what others have said.

Hope this helps.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Hello,

Wish I could say otherwise, but Missing Synch has been a >nightmare<.

It started when I installed the 4.03 update MS posted after I had MS already working (I was quite into MS back then).

The 4,03 broke my sync and after nearly a >month< of no sync and trouble shooting finally reformatted and rebuilt my entire laptop so as not to lose data on my 650.

All new installs and still no joy so I HARD resetted the 650...and STILL MS will_not_work.

All the while Markspace is sending email responses that say enlightening things like "Dunno...works here" and taking 3 or more days to do it while I waste more and more time getting more and more frustrated.

I'm not a technical ***** mind you so this is not an obvious problem that normal deductive reasoning will solve.

SO I would point out that Apple is building >major< sync capabilities into Tiger and the question, "Do you want to rely on 3rd party solutions (that offer ZERO phone support options) when the OS maker is soon to provide a solution?"

Again, I'm not down on all third party software...just have had a >miserable< time with MS and if I'm the 1 in a thousand so be it...its still cost me a month of no sync, extreme aggravation and lost data!

-KIDTREO
    Last edited by kidtreo; 03/19/2005 at 04:10 PM. Reason: add irony
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kidtreo
    Again, I'm not down on all third party software...just have had a >miserable< time with MS and if I'm the 1 in a thousand so be it...its still cost me a month of no sync, extreme aggravation and lost data!
    Wow, that sucks. I hope Tiger has some nice iSync capabilities like the rumors purport. At least for now, MS is getting the job done for me. So, I'll ride it through to Tiger and see.

One question though, did you install or reinstall Palm Desktop at all? My way, there is NO Palmdesktop.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Same problem here with latest version of Missing Sync. Buggy and unable to sync.