Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    I like cheese.
    Now THAT'S funny!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I got Duke Nukem Forever for my T650, came with the new firmware. I also like cheese. TREO 650 (Just had to say that so it would be ok to post in this fourm).
    what exactly is firmware is that like a software update....
    Quote Originally Posted by xman17
    yes
    where you get duke nukem from could you email me a copy of it to xman17@verizon.net
    My sprint software is version 1.0. Is that the latest you all have?
    Pilottreo1
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottreo1
    My sprint software is version 1.0. Is that the latest you all have?
    Pilottreo1
    1.03 is the current version. Make sure you are looking in the right place.

phone/info

I haven't head of anyone with anything other than 1.03 yet.
    It's been OVER a week now. Maybe closer to 2 weeks. ARrrgh... no fair. On a happier note ... my Treo 650 BT headset has shipped ... :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by xman17
    Software runs on Firmware. You can think of it as an OS per se. The Firmware in most case is on a PROM (Programmable Read Only Memory), in the case of the Treo 650 it's like a Flash EPROM (Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory) sortof, also called nonvolatile memory..

Some Firmware is flashable, some you have to chage out a chip. In the day, you had to change the whole EPROM out if you wanted to update the firmware, like when you cahnged out the EPROM in the ECM of a Chevy when you put a Hypertech chip in. Then OBD2 came out and then you could flash the Firmware. The EPA had everyone change from ODB1 (on board dianostics) that litttle plug under the dash that you could hook a CAMS or code reader up to, to OBD2 which was more universtal and if there was an update, the dealer could just hook up a cable and upgrade the firmware on the fly. But now I am off topic due to discussing scanners and code readers...LOL
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123