1.    #1  
    Is ther any software that enables your treo650 to listen to the raido???
    The closest you can get is to listen to mp3, Shoutcast, or Live365 streams using Pocket Tunes Deluxe. You can find more information here if you do a search for shoutcast.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah I have realplayer installed and I listen to mp3's... So is shoutcast like a streaming interned radio station???
    Yes, that's exactly what it is. At TreoBits, we have mobile friendly view of the station listings at www.shoutcast.com, so that you can browse the listings from your Treo and directly select a link that will launch the stream in Pocket Tunes.

RealPlayer doesn't support any form of streaming.
    What's the effect on battery life? How long can you continuously listen to streaming audio before the battery (600 or 650) dies?

With my calls and data usage, my battery meter is showing somewhere between 1 to 2 minutes of use for every percentage of battery life. So I would assume this would translate to somewhere around 90-100 minutes of continuous listending.
    The bigger problem is that because streaming is a constant data transfer, you won't be able to receive or make phone calls while streaming.

Aloke
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Does anyone know how the data usage rate when using shoutcast?
    I understand how to use shoutcast, but I wasnt aware about live365 on ptunes. How is that accomplished? Thanks.
    I use iPodder on the PC to capture radio shows, transfer them to my 650, and listen using RealPlayer.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    Yes, that's exactly what it is. At TreoBits, we have mobile friendly view of the station listings at www.shoutcast.com, so that you can browse the listings from your Treo and directly select a link that will launch the stream in Pocket Tunes.

RealPlayer doesn't support any form of streaming.
    So if a radio station (I'm thinking of www.kut.org) has various streaming feeds (Windows Media, RealPlayer, QuickTime, iTunes), but it isn't listed on ShoutCast, there is no way to listen to the stream on the Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    So if a radio station (I'm thinking of www.kut.org) has various streaming feeds (Windows Media, RealPlayer, QuickTime, iTunes), but it isn't listed on ShoutCast, there is no way to listen to the stream on the Treo?
    A Shoutcast stream doesn't have to be listed at Shoutcast.com. Shoutcast is a form of mp3 streaming which is what's supported by Pocket Tunes. The other formats that you list are not supported by any Palm software at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    A Shoutcast stream doesn't have to be listed at Shoutcast.com. Shoutcast is a form of mp3 streaming which is what's supported by Pocket Tunes. The other formats that you list are not supported by any Palm software at the moment.
    My station also offers a stream they call "MP3 Audio," and the URL looks like this:

<http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/kut/ppr/kutx.m3u>

Would this work with pTunes?
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottreo1
    I understand how to use shoutcast, but I wasnt aware about live365 on ptunes. How is that accomplished? Thanks.
    http://www.pocket-tunes.com/pockettu...s/live365.html
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    My station also offers a stream they call "MP3 Audio," and the URL looks like this:

<http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/kut/ppr/kutx.m3u>

Would this work with pTunes?
    If you save kutx.m3u to your Treo, you'll be able to open up that Playlist and it will start playing the stream. I wasn't able to make it work by using that URL in Pocket Tunes.
    Can you get it to work with T-Mobile's T-Zones?
    Depends on the bit rate of the station you have selected. At 128kbs (kilo bits per second), that's just under 500 mega bits per hour. Make sure you have an unlimited data plan if you want to use Shoutcast.

Quote Originally Posted by galneweinhaw
    Does anyone know how the data usage rate when using shoutcast?