1.    #1  
    I have tried and tried to transfer 320x240 jpeg photos from my Mac to my 600 via an SD card, with no luck. The camera app in the phone sees the photos, but each photo shows up with a generic icon (looks like a picture torn in half). I have tried reformatting the card in the phone and the Mac. What gives? Could there be a compatibility issue with the card? It's a PQI brand card.

On another note, I noticed that installing Palm Desktop created two folders called 'user/Pictures/Palm photos/username/Expansion card' and 'user/Pictures/Palm photos/username/HandHeld'. Are these folders of any use for synching photos between the phone and the Mac?
    What kind of jpeg, progressive ?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    What kind of jpeg, progressive ?
    No, they are not progressive. I have tried stripping out any color profiles, but no luck. I've tried saving them as 'baseline ("standard")' and 'baseline (optimized)' in Photoshop, but still no luck. Any other suggestions?
    I haven't tried it your way yet, but I can export them via MissingSync's iPhoto interface. I'll try to look at the files it makes and get back to you.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    You might already know all this, but:

I get all of my photos onto the Treo by duplicating them and cropping with iPhoto to "square". The trick for me was installing a version of Palm Desktop that did not come with the Treo... I think I downloaded the Tungsten version from the palmone website. For some reason it's not in the Treo version In it there is this little "applet" I put in my Dock called "Send to Handheld". I just drag the photos there, and it does the formatting automatically. It asks if you would like to set the resolution to whatever is the ideal for the screen, and you tell it to put it on the SD card. Sorry if this wasn't your problem, but it might help.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarrett42

I get all of my photos onto the Treo by duplicating them and cropping with iPhoto to "square". The trick for me was installing a version of Palm Desktop that did not come with the Treo... I think I downloaded the Tungsten version from the palmone website. For some reason it's not in the Treo version In it there is this little "applet" I put in my Dock called "Send to Handheld". I just drag the photos there, and it does the formatting automatically. It asks if you would like to set the resolution to whatever is the ideal for the screen, and you tell it to put it on the SD card. Sorry if this wasn't your problem, but it might help.
    Okay, I got partial progress after downloading PD 4.2.1. After dropping the photos on the 'Send to Handheld' applet, everything seems to go well, but my hotsync log gives this type of error for every photo:

Failed to install chuk.jpg
    - Unexpected error number 4114

I did not crop the photos to 'square' dimensions first. Is this necessary? I also didn't direct them toward the card, but rather the phone itself. I would rather store them in the phone. Is this possible?

Just so others don't get confused between 600 and 650..."Send to Handheld" app is in the CD that ships with the 650. It's in the Palm applications folder.

In any event, I haven't had to edit my jpegs when dropping them in send to handheld even when they aren't cropped to 320 x 320.
    Last edited by Katway; 03/19/2005 at 05:44 AM.
    The Palmone website has a useful Mac portion. You might have to send them to the card and then use the media application to put them on the phone. transferring them between once they are on the card is easy. It's an extra step, but it has worked for me.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    If you don't have space on your handheld, it will not sync. Also, (probably not an issue for most people), make sure your JPG is not CMYK, but is in RGB colorspace.
  10.    #10  
    The Palmone website has a useful Mac portion. You might have to send them to the card and then use the media application to put them on the phone. transferring them between once they are on the card is easy. It's an extra step, but it has worked for me.
    First of all when you say 'media application' I assume you mean the camera app?

I used the 'send to handhelp' app to prepare the photos, set it to send the pictures to the card, and then did a sync with the card in the phone. All of the photos got named with '.pdb' extensions and put in a folder called 'palm->launcher' on the card, but the photos don't show up when the card is in the phone. When the card is in the Mac, all of the photos are there. I have also tried just dragging the photos to various locations on the card, but they still don't show up in the phone.

I have also tried reformatting the card in the phone, should I try formatting it in the Mac or in my camera?
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Put them in a folder called DCIM on your SD card.