1.    #1  
    Is there any way to get rid of the software that came with my Treo 650 This really iritates me that you can't delete it!!! I want to get rid of Versamail and Real Player, because I have PTunes and Snapper, so I have no use for those apps, therfore I should be able to delete them!!! Even Microsoft doesn't do cr*p like that to you!!!
    no official way; www.shadowmite.com for an unofficial way (spcs only)
    Quote Originally Posted by nikihoi
    Is there any way to get rid of the software that came with my Treo 650 This really iritates me that you can't delete it!!! I want to get rid of Versamail and Real Player, because I have PTunes and Snapper, so I have no use for those apps, therfore I should be able to delete them!!! Even Microsoft doesn't do cr*p like that to you!!!
    Well, MS does, if you're talking Pocket PC devices...

If you have a Sprint phone this is your savior
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    ....Even Microsoft doesn't do cr*p like that to you!!!
    Ever tried removing Microsoft Internet Explorer?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  5.    #5  
    Well, my phone is a GSM and I sooooo want to get this cr*ap off my phone!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Ever tried removing Microsoft Internet Explorer?
    can be done: http://www.litepc.com/

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Well, my phone is a GSM and I sooooo want to get this cr*ap off my phone!!!
    Well...so far you're out of luck. But at least they are in ROM, so it's not like it's robbing you of space.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Those apps are in ROM and can't be deleted without reflashing with another ROM. Your best bet is to hide the icons in your unfiled category in the laucher. Since they are in ROM, they do not limit the amout of RAM you have.
    Zane
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Well...so far you're out of luck. But at least they are in ROM, so it's not like it's robbing you of space.
    On treos (and I think other newer palms) the ROM is actually stored compressed, and must be uncompressed into RAM to use. I'm not sure if that region of RAM is reserved only for the uncompressed ROM, or whether customizing your ROM actually translates into RAM savings.

Anyone?
    Customizing your ROM does not increase user-accessible RAM. They are two different sets of memory.
    Zane