1.    #1  
    wondering if the treo 600 is capable of utilizing mp3 files for ringers???
    how do i go about doing this if so?
    Yes, but you'd need something like Ringo
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    You might start by learning to search the forums....this question has been discussed ad nauseum. I'm not trying to rude, but since there are several software apps to do this it comes down to preference and performance on your Treo (ie you will need to test them) since some people have no luck with some some apps, while others love them.....so, search is your friend.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    You might start by learning to search the forums....this question has been discussed ad nauseum. I'm not trying to rude, but since there are several software apps to do this it comes down to preference and performance on your Treo (ie you will need to test them) since some people have no luck with some some apps, while others love them.....so, search is your friend.

A search will yield a pethara of information!! I did one and now I have mp3 ringtones! Look for the thread that tells about the Nokia mp3 convertor, its a great way to convert mp3's to .amr and it works like a charm!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    AMR is not supported with the Treo 600 like kiwee has, my 600 (Verizon CDMA) does support .qcp files which you can convert with the Qualcomm utility called pconv. You can import .qcp files the same way as midi files. The only problem with .qcp files is they sound horrible, kinda like using the voice recorder as a ringtone.
    There are a few main apps that do this
    Phone Technician (mine) is I think the cheapest and simplest
    CallFilter and lightwav have a lot more functionality and cost to match
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre