Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Ok, you guys have really confused me now. lol
    I can't seem to find anywhere now that can get the new Treo headset for the next two weeks...
    I see a lot a reviews on the Scala 500 and they are mixed, 50/50. Is there a bad problem with static or not ?
    Is there any other option? What about the Moto 820? Is there a volume issue there?
    What headset to order. I really don't know anymore.
    Maybe I shouldn't bother to read all the reviews here and just start trying them one by one myself? Just such a pain but it seems like there is no clear cut winner. Winner, I mean one that will work without static and is loud enough to be acceptable.
    Heeeelllllllppppppp
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Are there any other options that we are missing?
    How bout the Jabra 800 or some other one that has not been discussed here yet?
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Jabra has been discussed. Both the threads and my experiences were the same (I tried three and returned the two that didn't work for me). The Scala 500 appears to get some good press, as does the Sony HBH660. The HBH660 is much more expensive, but works more or less perfectly with the Treo. The Scala is inexpensive and some people have pretty good experiences with them.

Jabras have connection issues, Motorolas have really low volume issues.
    I like the HBH-660, read the threads on that specific BT headset. Especially with the eargels.....this combo can't lose IMO
    C~Money
    ~Treo 600 ~~> Treo 650 (Sprint PCS)
    ~Sony Ericsson HBH-660 & Jabra EarGel
    ~Vaja i-Volution T-65 (Caterina Steel Gray)
    ~Sandisk 1GB Ultra II Secure Digital SD Card
    ~pa1mOne cradle (w/extra battery)

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I've tried quite a few and I still stand by the Logitech Cordless Freedom.
    Casio A10 -> Casio E100 -> IPAQ 3600 -> IPAQ h1910 -> Treo 650 Sprint

www.techyrants.com
    HBH-660 has been the best performer for me, but I haven't tried the Treo branded model made by PalmOne (it just came out last week). I've tried Jabra BT 800 and BT 250, Scala 500, and Moto 820... they all had problems. The HBH-660 has no problems at all in my experience.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    i'll give it a try
    what is this about eargels? does it not stay on your ear or is it hard to hear without em?
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    I am down the the Treo branded unit and the HB-662...and or the Supertooth2 whateve rhist first.
    I've been using a Microtooth BT headset with my 650 and it's great! Fast pickup with automatic transfer. last number redial, etc Really small, doesn't extend beyond ear, but voice quality is very good. Had used Motorola 820, but I had to press the button to do anything. Picture attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00
    Ok, you guys have really confused me now. lol
    I can't seem to find anywhere now that can get the new Treo headset for the next two weeks...
    I see a lot a reviews on the Scala 500 and they are mixed, 50/50. Is there a bad problem with static or not ?
    Is there any other option? What about the Moto 820? Is there a volume issue there?
    What headset to order. I really don't know anymore.
    Maybe I shouldn't bother to read all the reviews here and just start trying them one by one myself? Just such a pain but it seems like there is no clear cut winner. Winner, I mean one that will work without static and is loud enough to be acceptable.
    Heeeelllllllppppppp
    I bought my Cingular Treo 650 Feb 4th, 2005. I had bought a Jabra BT250 bluetooth headset in 2004 and thought that it would be great to use it with my Treo 650. Unfortunately, it did not want to auto link with the Treo and had terrible sound and connection quality. I really wanted to use the Jabra BT250 because of the ergonomic quality, it fit great and was very comfortable to wear all day long. It worked great with my other cell phones, . . . what was the problem now with my Treo? After doing some reasearch, I found out that Jabra makes (2) BT250 bluetooth headset models. One specifically optimized for PalmOne's Treo 650 (part no. 3182WW) and one for all other cell phones. I bought the optimized Jabra BT250 (part no. 3182WW, made for PalmOne) at the Treocentral web site. IT WORKS GREAT . . . AUTO LINK AND ALL !!!!!! If you are going to buy a Jabra BT250 headset, don't buy it at a brick and mortar store, go online and look specifically for PalmOne's bluetooth headset PART NO. 3182WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    Jabra has been discussed. Both the threads and my experiences were the same (I tried three and returned the two that didn't work for me). The Scala 500 appears to get some good press, as does the Sony HBH660. The HBH660 is much more expensive, but works more or less perfectly with the Treo. The Scala is inexpensive and some people have pretty good experiences with them.

Jabras have connection issues, Motorolas have really low volume issues.
    I bought my Cingular Treo 650 Feb 4th, 2005. I had bought a Jabra BT250 bluetooth headset in 2004 and thought that it would be great to use it with my Treo 650. Unfortunately, it did not want to auto link with the Treo and had terrible sound and connection quality. I really wanted to use the Jabra BT250 because of the ergonomic quality, it fit great and was very comfortable to wear all day long. It worked great with my other cell phones, . . . what was the problem now with my Treo? After doing some reasearch, I found out that Jabra makes (2) BT250 bluetooth headset models. One specifically optimized for PalmOne's Treo 650 (part no. 3182WW) and one for all other cell phones. I bought the optimized Jabra BT250 (part no. 3182WW, made for PalmOne) at the Treocentral web site. IT WORKS GREAT . . . AUTO LINK AND ALL !!!!!! If you are going to buy a Jabra BT250 headset, don't buy it at a brick and mortar store, go online and look specifically for PalmOne's bluetooth headset PART NO. 3182WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katway
    HBH-660 has been the best performer for me, but I haven't tried the Treo branded model made by PalmOne (it just came out last week). I've tried Jabra BT 800 and BT 250, Scala 500, and Moto 820... they all had problems. The HBH-660 has no problems at all in my experience.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    thx.
    I've had the supertooth for a while now and it does work great.
    Very, Very loud, connects very fast and can answer and hang up without touching the 650. A few people have told me they have problems hearing me, but not enough to be a problem.
    The only problem is, sometimes I have people in the car with me and I don't want my conversation blaring through a speaker,therefore the need for an earpice.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    We can clear up the confusion...

the best BT headset is the Sony 660.

Done.

now go get one and enjoy.
    I wrote this in another thread, but thought I would add it here as well.

I have decided that I don't really think it matters which is the 'best" headset. I think it is which is the best for "you". From reading all the threads and trying several, it seems to depend upon a great many variables. The Treo is obviously fairly worthless as used with a bluetooth headset the way bluetooth should perform. It seems that the main variable for each person is the environment in which they are going to be using their headset. I may be wrong, but I have tried Scala 500, HS820, BT250, HBH-660, and BlueTrek G2. They all performed pretty close to one another. With the exception of a slight volume difference for those that fit in the ear a little better. They all had static at some time or another. None had the range that a bluetooth device should have. They all seemed to have fairly good voice quality on the other end most of the time. So again, I have drawn my own conclusion that a persons environment has a great deal in determining which bluetooth headset is right for them.

Right now I have the Jabra BT250 and the Scala 500 with slicsound. Jabra works better in my truck and office. The Scala works better at home.

I'm probably wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    JohnH59 ^^,

Are you using slic sound with the Scala 500? If so, does it make much of a difference, and how's the fit.
    I bought the Sony HBH-660 the day BEFORE any news of a Palmone branded headset. I was scared until I tried to Sony unit. It ROCKS! No complaints here. I anticipate a lag elsewhere but its little if non-existant!

p.s. I got the soundslic gel ear pieces but they aren't practical for me unless I plan to keep the headset on for looong period of time. It takes awhile for me to put the headset on if it has the gel molding on. They're nice though..and good for car trips.