1.    #1  
    I think the charging socket/adapter combo seems flimsy. especially when its being stressed with a coiled car charger. has anyone had any problems with the connection wearing out or breaking down from all the movement of the adapter in the socket?
    BUMP -- I would have to agree entirely....

...I'll even expand the problem to the hotsync slot too, they all will wear-out, however it seems they are showing excessive wear. However I take ultimate care of my T650.....and the wear is still visible.

Dale
  3.    #3  
    I thought the 600's was more sturdy and that's not saying much. I REALLY wish they didn't change it. i had a cradle, two car chargers and two ac charges all of which have to go on ebay now. That really chaps my . . .
    Yes, the design Palm came up with for the 650 sync/charge connector is among the worst I've even encountered. I find it hard to believe that anyone with the word "engineer" in their job title designed this thing.

The worst part, is that after Palm sees just how unreliable this socket turns out to be, they'll redesign it yet again for the next Treo, and all of our accessories will be obsolete again.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Yes, the design Palm came up with for the 650 sync/charge connector is among the worst I've even encountered. I find it hard to believe that anyone with the word "engineer" in their job title designed this thing.

The worst part, is that after Palm sees just how unreliable this socket turns out to be, they'll redesign it yet again for the next Treo, and all of our accessories will be obsolete again.
    Rant On:

PALMONE - JUST USE A USB "D" CONNECTOR AND STANDARD USB CONNECTION TO THE COMPUTER AND LET US USE THE USB PORT FOR DATA AND CHARGING.

Rant Off

You can then use a universal AC or lighter adapter for direct charging. How tough can this be (unless you just LOVE the revenue from haveing to update EVERY peripheral every time you upgrade PDA's)
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    i use the cable i got from ebay. it feels a lot more secure. and it already saved my bacon.

my 650 fell off my desk while it was attached to this thing and didnt release. i didnt even know it fell, i went to grab it off my desk and there it was just hanging.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I have the stock AC adapter cable, an EBAY AC adapter, and a car charger. *ALL* connect very poorly for charging.

Anyoen with recomendations?
    Am I the only one who actually likes the new AC charger design?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Sucks in the car, because I have to look at the phone to make certain that the plug goes in correctly or else blindly spend a couple of minutes trying to get it the correct direction. Not fun while driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by creighton
    Tell us why, don't leave us hanging
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    My charging socket is messed up. I am having a tough time charging my 650. The slightest movement of either the cable or phone makes it loose the connection. Same with the sync cable and car charger. Guess I have to replace this PoS. Build quality sucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by creighton
    Looks like it...
    Quote Originally Posted by sunilseru
    My charging socket is messed up. I am having a tough time charging my 650. The slightest movement of either the cable or phone makes it loose the connection. Same with the sync cable and car charger. Guess I have to replace this PoS. Build quality sucks!
    yawn
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!