Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I downloaded TodayPLUS after seeing it mentioned in another thread here yesterday. So far, I like what I see barring a few missing niceties i.e. 5-way Nav support.

Has anyone else here tried this app? I would like to use this thread as a sort of "how are you using it" type discussion since there seems to be no user guide.

I will start off with one question: What does the Programs menu do? On my Treo, it doesn't seem to work.
    How 'bout a quick review. I'v been really thinking of getting it, but would like to hear some real world experience.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Insertion, I will definately do that. I just want to play with it a little more and right now I'm at work.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat
    I downloaded TodayPLUS after seeing it mentioned in another thread here yesterday. So far, I like what I see barring a few missing niceties i.e. 5-way Nav support.

Has anyone else here tried this app? I would like to use this thread as a sort of "how are you using it" type discussion since there seems to be no user guide.

I will start off with one question: What does the Programs menu do? On my Treo, it doesn't seem to work.
    Why not just use the agenda view of the calendar. It is cheap(free) and standard. Plus you can put any background in you wish.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    It's name is very misleading, although it is a today view it also has launcher features and many other powerful features. Check it out here:

TodayPLUS website

FYI, I have not stake in this program or the developer. I am just trying to get some feedback from others and determine whther it's worth purchasing.
    If you want a great Today app for the Treo look at 2Day! from www.shsh.com. It is the most fully functional today app, integrated with other Treo apps from third parties, 5 way nav and connected with the Treo's communications capabilities that you can get today.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Why not just use the agenda view of the calendar. It is cheap(free) and standard. Plus you can put any background in you wish.
    Because Agenda view is not like a todayPLUS. What Today+ is mostly like is the Today Screen off the PPC where you can program what programs you want to open, what info you want to show like Appointments, task, owner info, calendar and weather as well. Another great thing is the Mate it comes with, Meema. She is your own lil secretary. Click on her and she will come up with 3 functions, your favorite app, your common app, and your recent app. You can even give her a profile which basically gives her a outfit for the time of day. Lets say during office hours you give her a buisness suit but during night time, you give her a nightie. I use this app as well and it is the standard for me. You can also customize the skin of the application as well, there is the standard, then the alienware skin as well. I would HIGHLY recommend this app to anyone who wants a customizeable Today Screen. This is the screen that I first see when I power on the Treo ^_^.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat
    It's name is very misleading, although it is a today view it also has launcher features and many other powerful features. Check it out here:

TodayPLUS website

FYI, I have not stake in this program or the developer. I am just trying to get some feedback from others and determine whther it's worth purchasing.
    It is definatley worth purchasing. The one great thing the demo doesn't alloud is the "Profile" setting for the mate and I love to use that, right now during work hours I have her dressed in a office suit, weekend t-shirt and jeans and sleep time a nightie.

::Edit:Added a screenshot::
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LupeValenz; 03/17/2005 at 02:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I've tried 2Day and although it has some functionality it is low res and does not look good on a 650. Unless there is another version. So far, TodayPLUS has good functionality and great graphics plus it has some launcher functionality similar to HiLauncher, WinLauncher and McPhling. There are some missing pieces though. I will post more details later.
    tcatnat...

2day has been updated for hi res...give another try.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz
    Because Agenda view is not like a todayPLUS. What Today+ is mostly like is the Today Screen off the PPC where you can program what programs you want to open, what info you want to show like Appointments, task, owner info, calendar and weather as well. Another great thing is the Mate it comes with, Meema. She is your own lil secretary. Click on her and she will come up with 3 functions, your favorite app, your common app, and your recent app. You can even give her a profile which basically gives her a outfit for the time of day. Lets say during office hours you give her a buisness suit but during night time, you give her a nightie. I use this app as well and it is the standard for me. You can also customize the skin of the application as well, there is the standard, then the alienware skin as well. I would HIGHLY recommend this app to anyone who wants a customizeable Today Screen. This is the screen that I first see when I power on the Treo ^_^.
    You're becoming a wee bit too attached to Meena, mate!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You're becoming a wee bit too attached to Meena, mate!
    LOL yeah, I think she hates me when I poke her all the time, she gets all mad at me ^.^.
    LOL yeah, I think she hates me when I poke her all the time, she gets all mad at me ^.^.
    And does she address you as "My Lord"?

It's not a bad program. Good on eye candy. Not sure how much resource it takes up. But it's worth the free trial at least. (I just wish the trial was fully capable, for instance, you can only add 5 favorites.)

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    And does she address you as "My Lord"?

It's not a bad program. Good on eye candy. Not sure how much resource it takes up. But it's worth the free trial at least. (I just wish the trial was fully capable, for instance, you can only add 5 favorites.)
    Nah, i wouldn't be comfy with that, she just calls me honey ^_^ hehe just kidding, Lupe . As for the resources, it takes up around 3000k from what the Zlauncher file manager is showing. Yeah it is good eye candy and it has good function which is what I like, it has to look good and do its job and thats why i like this program. Agenda view is just too basic for me (-_-)'
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    tcatnat...

2day has been updated for hi res...give another try.
    The trial hehas on his website id low res, I'll have to go elsewhere.
    the beta for the 650 is on his site
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Nah, i wouldn't be comfy with that, she just calls me honey ^_^ hehe just kidding, Lupe . As for the resources, it takes up around 3000k from what the Zlauncher file manager is showing. Yeah it is good eye candy and it has good function which is what I like, it has to look good and do its job and thats why i like this program. Agenda view is just too basic for me (-_-)'
    I think most of the 3000k is the Mate plug-in, that's why I have not installed it. My review below.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    OK, hereís my first impression of TodayPLUS. First, I have only had about an hour total with the program and since there is no user manual I had to do a lot of digging for some features. Also, I did not install the Mate plug-in since it is a huge file and a feature I am not interested in.

The graphics are crisp with some very handy features being integrated into the Taskbar and Status bar. All of these features need to be set so you can add or remove whatever youíd like. Hereís what you can add: Battery indicator, memory indicator for RAM and Card, Date/Time, light, sound, and clock. (I may have missed something, Iím not sure) You can reorder the placement of these items and each item has further options such as battery percentage or voltage, etc.

The one thing I like so far is the ability to set-up TodayPLUS to use as a launcher. In the Taskbar there is an icon that brings up a menu system similar to the windows start button. It consists of a Programs menu, Favorites, Common, Recent, Preferences, and Shutdown. There is also a DA Launcher which I have not figured out yet. You have to set these options up, for example, the Programs menu is empty when you install the software. I do wish there were some more customization at this level like I believe HiLauncher has that allows you to add or change folders. Maybe it does and I have not yet found it.

Also, even though I did not install the Mate plug-in, the Mate icon still remains on the Taskbar, kind of annoying.

The one major thing lacking from this software is support for the 5-way Navigator. I believe the developer is working on adding this as I have seen a lot of requests for this feature on another board. It would be nice to be able to navigate the today screen and launcher features without the stylus.

Also, all the features I mentioned about in the second paragraph work as separate .prc files so if you do not want to use a feature you do not have to install it. This is cool to keep down unnecessary file size. Another nice feature is the ability to view memory used/available in RAM and on a SD card. It also gives information on Storage Heap and Dynamic Heap. (I have no idea what these are)

So, thereís my first impression in a nutshell. I will spend more time with this puppy over the next few days and add to the review when appropriate. I am going to try and contact the developer and find out about when 5-way Nav support will be available. I donít think I would purchase this app without it. Other wise, I like what I see so far.

Comments or additions are appreciated.
    Lil piggy back on that There is also a calendar icon you can add for the taskbar. Click on it and it will bring up the month view and from there you can click on the dates to see if there is any appointments for that day. There are 2 versions of Calendar, Calendar which is just plain and calendarA which has Zodiac icons for the months.
    As for the start menu, you can customize it just like HiLauncher, you can have folders and sub folders so if you want to seperate your office programs from your gameing programs, you can do that as well.
    It has potential. But as tcatnat says...NO FIVE-WAY SUPPORT!!!!

This to me is mandatory for a Today\Launcher program. It is nice to look at though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast