1.    #1  
    I was just curious if anyone has seen any software that use the mic on the visor? I realize you can't play back sound without a speaker module of some kind, but is there any software that uses the microphone? Maybe speech to text software or something?

Thanks...

Lacutis
    I realize you can't play back sound without a speaker module of some kind
    You've kind-of got it backward. The Visor is already capable of making sounds, but the microphone is not connected to anything except the springboard port. So the real question is: do any springboards make use of the microphone.

I'm not aware of any.
    Jeff
    Actually, the Thincomm Wristband Modem uses the microphone as a speaker when connecting. Not exactly audiophile quality (hehehe not even close actually) but clear enough to listen for connect/busy when dialling.
    Are you sure it uses the microphone (I don't actually have a thincom, but..). I would be surprised if it did. I pretty sure that it uses the internal speaker of the Visor which, as you said has horrible sound qualities.
    BEN
    BEN,

I would not swear to it ... BUT the sound is coming from the direct vicinity of the MIC 'hole' on the frontside - bottom left. I dont know where the 'so-called-speaker' <g> is located on the Visor but it would have to be VERY close to that MIC hole.

Do you know where the speaker is located?
    When I listen to the Visor, the speaker is very close to the mic. That might be the cause of confusion.
    BEN