1.    #1  
    im interested in using my 650 to surf the net(no hacks, im scared )while im at places that dont offer wireless, and i had a couple of questions. i looked on the site but it didnt say

1) is it a one time fee for the app?
    2)how fast is the connection(i think they say 2wice as fast as dial up using usb, is this true?)
    3) is there someway sprint can tell what im doing(dont wanna get kicked off unlimited data plan )

Thanks in advance for any help
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    1) historically they have charged for each version of the treo - in other words, when you get a treo 700 you will have to buy the app again
    2) i consistently get 145 kbps
    3) this appears to be a matter of opinion and there are MANY threads on this subject

My only complaint is that when i am surfing and I lose my connection I often have a difficult time getting reconnected. YMMV
    1) What JimRohde wrote.
    2) It depends. There's a thread where people posted not only their speeds, but also their locations and carriers. Search for the thread.
    3) What JimRohde wrote, "... there are MANY threads on this subject"
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    3) It's debateable. They can definitely see how much data you are using, and if you use it a ton (like replace your broadband with it) they may catch you. But the consensus is for sporadic uses, you'll be fine.
  5.    #5  
    thanks for the responses
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I wish my experience with PDANet was more positive. I installed it about a month ago and it completely disabled Bluetooth Hotsync. After lots of tweaking, reinstalling BT drivers, changing settings, I removed PDANet and the ability to BT HS returned.

I haven't read about anyone having similar problems though. It may have something to do with my specific config.
    Casio A10 -> Casio E100 -> IPAQ 3600 -> IPAQ h1910 -> Treo 650 Sprint

www.techyrants.com
    I use it with great success. valuable app for me. I like it better than the hack because I keep it cabled to my pc. Charges while I am online.
    I use it every week while I travel in airports and some customer sites. Mostly with the USB cable because it is faster. Works great...

I was using the BT hack up until about a month ago. PDANet is definitely faster and more reliable to get a connection going.
    I just purchased PDANet and installed it and it's working well. Going away from my high speed internet for the holiday and want to be able to connect with NP.

I just hope the data transfer will not trigger a flag for Sprint. So far I have 139,003 byes Received.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    What are the limitations on the demo of PDANet? Does it fully work for a limited time, or does it work forever with limited features, or a combination?

I'm interested in using it with the T650.
    Last edited by Tonylmiller; 03/26/2005 at 06:58 PM.
    Does PDANet require administrative priv on the PC? My corporate laptop only lets me install those pgms that don't check or require admin priv only modifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    What are the limitations on the demo of PDANet? Does it fully work for a limited time, or does it work forever with limited features, or a combination?

I'm interested in using it with the T650.

No Limitations. Works good, lasts a short time!

Mike
    Does any one else get errors on a Cingular Treo 600 with pdanet when trying to VPN? (it works fine with our Sprint Treo 600 users) thanks
    Does anyone know if PDAnet works with Bluetooth? I've tried to pair them and get an error message. I'm using Sprint.

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    It works with bluetooth. Just kind of slow.