1.    #1  
    Greetings...

Please parden if this question has been asked a few thousand times. I did a quick search and there was too much to dig though.

I am wanting to get myself a TREO 650 phone. I am currently on the Sprint PCS network (chicago-land area).

I understand that when a phone is "unlocked" that it is not tied to any 1 service.

I believe I understand that CMDA and GSM are the types of "networks" that the cell providers use and that they will not work together. I believe that Sprint is a CMDA network.

So if I were to shop around for a TREO 650, I would need to find a CMDA version of this phone to have it work with my Sprint network, correct??
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Sprint and Verizon use CDMA Treos. For practical purposes they are not interchangable, so you'd want a Treo 650 with the Sprint logo on it and the steel blue case. GSM Treos can only work with T-Mobile, Cingular/ATT and a few smal carriers around the US... their advantage is that they also work with carriers in other countries.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680