1.    #1  
    I have thousands of pictures on my pc which I would like to be abble to carry with me on my treo. The problem is, I take pictures with a 7 Megapixel camera and the pictures are between 1.5-3 MB each.

Is there something I can do to automatically shrink these pictures down to size... say 320x320 or even something a little larger (in case I decide to zoom)?
    There's numeruous (and I mean many) image viewer apps out there for palmos that have desktop conduits which will automatically resize images to fit on your Treo. Amoung them are Resco, Splash Photo, Acid Image, Photogather, My Album, GrXView and etc. I use Resco and like it alot...

Then there are also freeware apps like Infranview that can resize images as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    I just bought Acid Image Pro a few days ago for $50... not sure if I'm willing to buy another app right now . As far as I can see though, Acid Image does not automatically re-size pictures. If I already have those pictures on my card Acid Image can re-size them at that point.

It would be nice if I could select my main picture directory on my PC... and everything I hot sync a program checks that directory for changes or new pictures and compares it against the pictures on my Treo SD card. If anything is new, it gets re-sized and then added to my treo's memory card. Would this be possible with anything you know of? Or am I going to have to find a program to do it manually and then keep my Treo updated myself?

I also have the free copy of Splash Photo that came with SnapperMail... but I don't see that having a conduit that does what I want either.
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarlp
    It would be nice if I could select my main picture directory on my PC... and everything I hot sync a program checks that directory for changes or new pictures and compares it against the pictures on my Treo SD card. If anything is new, it gets re-sized and then added to my treo's memory card. Would this be possible with anything you know of? Or am I going to have to find a program to do it manually and then keep my Treo updated myself?
    Resco's desktop conduit will automatically convert all selected images on your desktop to the treo screen rez. However, I'm not aware of any conduit that syncs images changes on the card besides the Treo Pic app or DTG. I beleive DTG conduit syncs bmp files etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the advice on Resco. I'm using the desktop client to convert all my pictures to treo size and then I will copy those to the SD card. Only downside to this is it does not keep my picture categories (if I choose a folder which has say 20 folders in it, when it's done converting all my pictures are now in the same folder).