1.    #1  
    Hello group,

I have had the Treo 650 for three months and the 600 for 18 months prior to that without a single HotSync'ing issue. Suddenly, the 650 is resetting during the synchronization of the Calendar. I am using Microsoft Outlook on the desktop and the basic calendar application within the 650. I am getting the following error message from the HotSync Log:

OK Quick Install
    OK Adobe Reader
    OK VersaMail
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    The connection with the handheld was lost.
    OLERR:05-0003
    OLERR:0D-0004
    The connection with the handheld was lost.
    OLERR:05-0003
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Recovery Sync
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    OLERR:01-0001
    Outlook Tasks
    OLERR:0F-0001
    Outlook Notes
    OLERR:08-0001
    Conduit 'HotSync Exchange' Error: Unknown error. (65535)
    HotSync Error: Unknown error. (FFFF)

At first, I thought it was a memory issue as I was below 1MB. I cleaned off some stuff and now it has 4.2 MB free.

Anyone have any idea why it just suddendly decided to become uncooperative?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, comments or more importantly, the right answer!

Cliff
    What program are you using to sync with Outlook?
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
  3.    #3  
    The standard program by Palm One, HotSync.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Try this free app called dbScan. It can be found here:

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/dbscan.zip

run it, and It scans every record in your outlook database looking for errors which indicate that corruption has occurred.

then re-hotsync
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  5.    #5  
    Thanks to both that offered suggestions. I found out that PalmOne has an Outlook Conduit patch posted on the PalmOne website under the Support Tab for Treo 650's. This patch addresses HotSync-Outlook resets. Once I loaded this patch, the problem was resolved.

Again thanks much for your assistance.