1.    #1  
    Hard reset on 600, all ok. Do a backup on current 270, all ok. Then try to sync with 600, screen just blinks on and off. Some kind of software conflick I guess. I have removed graffiti anywhere, bigclock, my hackmaster apps, treo button from the 270, do a new backup for the 270, hard reset the 600, then sync the 600 and it is still just blinking on and off. The funny thins is if I do reset with the up arrow key and the reset button I can get the 600 to stop blinking and I can click through the various buttons for phone, datebook, and the other two at the top. All works fine; but when I click the home button it starts blinking on and off again. It seems that something is screwing up the home key. Is there anyway to get to the home screen without hitting the home button. If I can get there, maybe I can set the buttons back to standard and it will be fixed. Sorry for the lengthy explanation but I'm lost at this point.
    needinghelp,

The link below are the directions on the palmOne site for upgrading from 270 to T600.

Hope this helps.
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=38162
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the quick response. After following the instructions, can I still backup my 270 to use in an emergency or is it done?
    Quote Originally Posted by needinghelp
    Thanks for the quick response. After following the instructions, can I still backup my 270 to use in an emergency or is it done?

attn: needinghelp,
    Are you saying that you want to continue to hotsync your 270 to the same PC as your 600? If so, maybe someone else can join in on this thread to help you. I've never done that.

My son is using my old 300 as a stand alone pda but obviously hotsyncs that to his laptop.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  5.    #5  
    Yes TurboTiger, I would like to be able to keep the 270 up to date in case something happens to the 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by needinghelp
    Yes TurboTiger, I would like to be able to keep the 270 up to date in case something happens to the 600.
    My initial repsonse would be that you couldn't since the 270 and the 600 use different Plam desktop softwar. But I can't be certain. Perhaps you can do a search on the palm web site.

Anyone else know the answer here?
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  7.    #7  
    Well I'll take a look around; but I think I like my 270 better than the 600 (cover, etc.) and if I can't keep both going, I'll stay with the 270. All the other bells and whistles of the 600 don't impress me. Can always sell the 600 on ebay! Thanks for the help.
    I think you will need to have another name for the Treo 270 on your PC. When you hotsync, the Hotsync software would recognise this 270 as another PDA.
    Just give it a try.