Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Has anyone else seen a reduction in battery charge life? I bought my 1 week ago. Fully charged it (overnite) and it had 65% life at the end of day 1. I didn't recharge till end of day 2. Chagred overnite and since then I have been lucky to get through a day.

I am on the phone approx. 5 hrs a day. Lite email usage very little web surfing. Fair usage of IM and Docs-to-go.

Beam receive is off and I use Treo Guard to manage screen
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    I am on the phone approx. 5 hrs a day. Lite email usage very little web surfing. Fair usage of IM and Docs-to-go.
    On the phone 5 hours a day? According to Sprint's web site, the Treo has a MAX digital talk time of 5 hours. No wonder you're having trouble getting through the day! If you talk that much on it, you'll just need to charge it more... One thing I thought was pretty cool is that you can get a USB port charger that charges directly from your computer's power...

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobh
    On the phone 5 hours a day? According to Sprint's web site, the Treo has a MAX digital talk time of 5 hours. No wonder you're having trouble getting through the day! If you talk that much on it, you'll just need to charge it more... One thing I thought was pretty cool is that you can get a USB port charger that charges directly from your computer's power...

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
    Uh dont rely on this .. the usb charging is a trickle charge .. your phone will still DRAIN when turned on , with the phone turned off (the radio itself not just the lcd) it will charge very very slowly. Its an emergency on the road type of charge not something to rely on.
    Wow! 5 hrs a day on the phone? That is probably why the battery is dying so quick. You might want to order a cradle and a extra battery so you can swap the batteries and charge them in the cradle.
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Great ideas....thanks!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Quote Originally Posted by riekl
    Uh dont rely on this .. the usb charging is a trickle charge .. your phone will still DRAIN when turned on , with the phone turned off (the radio itself not just the lcd) it will charge very very slowly. Its an emergency on the road type of charge not something to rely on.
    where can you buy a reliable USB charger/sync cable at a good price?
    where can you buy a reliable USB charger/sync cable at a good price?
    ebay.
    tuesday night went to be at 21h45 with my phone next to me and 100 charged. 6h30 the next day I went from 100 to 96
    written thru rogers wap and t650
    I don't take my AC charging cable on the road with me; I just use the USB/sync cable (from Seido, but the others are probably just as good) and charge the phone from my laptop USB port. I plug the phone in at night and leave it, and it's always fully charged in the AM - often sooner. The USB might not be a good option for a quick charge, but it works fine for my purposes.

By the way, for max battery life, make sure that the location feature is turned off (the little target icon at the top of the phone screen should have a slash through it). I am told that can halve the duration of your battery.
    I don't see a target icon on my phone screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    I don't see a target icon on my phone screen.
    It's a Sprint/CDMA-only feature.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Today a did a very "unscientific" test.

I started with Bluetooth ON and Verichat OFF. After 4 hours (without turning on my Treo) my battery was showing 92%.

Then I switched the Bluetooth OFF and turned Verichat ON (enabled using the Data connection). After 4 more hours (with no Treo use) my battery was around 68%.

This was not a suprise to me - but at least now I know where all my battery life is going. I used this test to justify my recent TreoCentral purchases of a car charger, two extra battery chargers, and one USB Synch/charger. I'll be able to charge in my truck, at work, 2 locations at home, and in my Motorhome!

In the meantime Verichat will have to stay "Off" to conserve the battery.

Patrick