I am getting my Visor 8mb soon and have been reading how Avantgo only lets you download up to 2mb worth of data. Is this just for Handspring users or all users? Also is there any possible way around this?

Thanks
    Noah
    It's for everyone, and there is no way around (except to log in as several different people). Here's a correspondance I had with their customer service:

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for using AvantGo! We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying
    the software.

We limit our downloads to 2MB per user so we ensure wireless surfing and standard syncs are fast for every user. We may look at increasing this limit in the future, but for now we need to make sure every one gets a quick download.

For the time being, you may want to make sure your memory is being used to its full capacity. Log in to your account. Click on My Account. From here you can see how much memory is used for the download. Then click on a specific channel. You can arrange the channel size to reflect how much is really downloaded. For example, if a page is using 25k per download and you have the default set at 100k, decrease the size to about 30k. This will save over 60k for this channel and allow the addition of more channels. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause in the interim.

Best regards,
    AvantGo Support

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000 13:56:40 -0700 (PDT) jeffhoover@bigfoot.com wrote:
    >The 2000k limit is frustrating. Any plans on lifting it?
    Jeff