Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Maybe someone can assist me. Is purchasing the Toysoft Freedom software the only solution for listening to MP3's through the headphone jack on the Treo 600? Are there other options?

Thanks, Craig
    There are other options:

1. Tape the button on your default headset down (Free, but difficult to answer calls)

2. Purchase after market hands-free headset which has a jack with 3-rings on the connector portion (The original Treo 300 headsets have this characteristic)

3. Purchase 2-n-1 headphones (~$30)

4. Converter jack (~$5) then use stereo headphones you already have

Having said all that, I purchased Freedom last night. I thought the $15 investment provided the most flexiblility for the money. I like the idea of 2-n-1 headphones, but I also like being able to keep one ear free. I do own adapter for when I want the stereo sound.
    Another benefit of Freedom is that you can map the button on your headset to Pocket Tunes so you can advance to the next song!
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by cma600
    Maybe someone can assist me. Is purchasing the Toysoft Freedom software the only solution for listening to MP3's through the headphone jack on the Treo 600? Are there other options?
    Thanks, Craig
    You can install VoiceLauncher and enable the feature named "Enable headset to play sounds".
    You won't need a registration key to use this simple feature.

Jean-Francois.
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw
    You can install VoiceLauncher and enable the feature named "Enable headset to play sounds".
    You won't need a registration key to use this simple feature.

Jean-Francois.
    why would you use voice launcher to do what Freedom does? You might as well use Voice Dialer PRO too then
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Because Freedom is not $free and it crashes my 650.

Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    why would you use voice launcher to do what Freedom does? You might as well use Voice Dialer PRO too then
    Smiley won't address your comment about crashing or resetting. He and toysoft tend to ignore that...

Also, to answer the question of why to use voice launcher......cma600 specifically asked for options, meaning an alternative to toysoft's app. JFMw simply provided an option.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    You know, I always wnodered about all these comments about toysoft and their buggy apps until I tried Freedom. Now I know what everybody is talking about! So...make sure you try it before you buy it....it caused major problems on my phone. And I wanted to like it too...
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    There are other options:

2. Purchase after market hands-free headset which has a jack with 3-rings on the connector portion (The original Treo 300 headsets have this characteristic)
    Actually, try listening to it on any headphone...I tried my old Treo 300 ones with the 3 rings, and it works (but in mono). I tried the stereo headphones that came with the Motorola MPx200, and it works (but in mono). And lastly, I tried the ones that came with my phone, and they work too.

I think it's just a matter of whether or not stereo sound is important to you or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorea
    You know, I always wnodered about all these comments about toysoft and their buggy apps until I tried Freedom. Now I know what everybody is talking about! So...make sure you try it before you buy it....it caused major problems on my phone. And I wanted to like it too...
    I tried it, I bought it, it works 100% for me
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    I tried it, I bought it, it works 100% for me
    Yabut... that's because yours is right hand drive old chap!

Seriously, I received a Freedom update recently from Toysoft and it works as advertised on my unlocked Rogers GSM T600.
    Freedom causes my Treo 600 screen to turn on and off at regular intervals when ChatterEmail is running...Toysoft was not very helpful when I reported the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    Freedom causes my Treo 600 screen to turn on and off at regular intervals when ChatterEmail is running...Toysoft was not very helpful when I reported the problem.
    I have the same problem. Its just a tad bit annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Because Freedom is not $free and it crashes my 650.
    Freedom 1.2 only works for the T600.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    And what have ChatterEmail offered to solve the problem.

ie if Freedoom was 100% before, and then you started using ChatterEmail and had the problem, then you would have complained that CE was the problem ?
    Thought of the day :
    I did contact both Freedom and Chatter. Freedom said "not much I can do about it...my Treo works just fine." The developer of Chatter said "sounds like a bug with Freedom, but that he would look into it.

Based on the OUTSTANDING support Marc Blank gives to ChatterEmail users, I believe he will investigate. Based on the response from Toysoft (and other users' opinions of poor support) I'm not going to hold my breath for a more productive response.

Certainly it could be either application that has a bug - or even both.

Any other users having this issue? Might be helpful if we all contacted the developers to get them to look into it. Having your screen cycle on/off every 10 sec. or so drains the battery.

Based on the OUTSTANDING support Marc Blank gives to ChatterEmail users, I believe he will investigate. Based on the response from Toysoft (and other users' opinions of poor support) I'm not going to hold my breath for a more productive response.
    Fair Comment
    Thought of the day :
    I can't figure out why this program is worth $.02 It seems like the only thing it allows you to do is to listen to audio through the Treo supplied earpiece and then allow you to receive a call through the same earpiece. Why after investing about $20 in Pocket Tunes would you listen to your favorite music through a tinny monaural speaker. I have used a decent set of Sony earbuds with the Treo adaptor in the gym. When interrupted by a phone call which is only audible through the earpiece, all you have to do is hold the Treo to a reasonable distance from your mouth and converse in reasonably quiet tones. The Treo earpiece's quality is only acceptable for phone calls and this program really seems to do little.
    I love it (Freedom), even if it is a litle buggy. I use it for books on tape (well mp3 now)

The real question is.. why is this not a built in option for the treo from the start.
    I have the motorolla 2-n-1 and it doesnt play in stereo I have freedom installed and it still does not work. Is their anyway to get this to work? or do I have to use the adaptor and a regular headphone. thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast