Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    This is my third Treo 650 from Amazon.com and the thing finally works without all of the resetting problems I've experienced in the past. I just wanted to post this in case anyone else was having resetting problems but was afraid it didn't justify sending the thing back. I'm here to say that there are actual working treo's out there and you shouldn't settle for what you've got.

(Axalto 64k SIM installed)
    Mine reset on me once... opening an MP3 file off walmart.com should i talk to my sales rep now, as this seems to be a common problem? First time its done it in 3 weeks of ownership.
    One swallow does not make a Summer :-)
    Mine resets 1-2 times a day, 7-14 times a week which is 30-60 times a month!!! 360-720 times in a year?!!!! Are you kidding me? This is acceptable? Oh man
    1-2 resets per day is on par with what I experience. Hasn't reset once today though. I'm not holding my breath.
    i recently had mine replaced by Sprint, and my resets stopped immediately. all except the synch resets. but my phone now works almost flawlessly. it seems the newer units have been improved?
    Mine reset once in Blazer today. That's probably the first reset I've had in a week or more.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    ps40897 is right. I too am on my third Treo. The first two reset constantly, by which I mean once or twice a day (to me, that is constantly). The one I received two days ago has not reset yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed. It is extremely annoying to deal with Palm's tech support, and the absurd procedures for getting a replacement, but having a non-resetting device is worth it.
    I have an unlocked GSM Treo - I'm convinced if you really USE it - Bluetooth on, constant data connection (I use Good for email), etc. you will see 1-2 resets per day. If you just use it as a phone and occassionally surf the web, send an SMS once in while, sync your email a couple times a day - you'll see resets 1-2 times per week. If you NEVER touch your 650 you'll see resets 1-2 time per month.

I have a replacement 650 on the way - I REALLY hope it's better - but so far I am not at all happy about the money I spent. If it was a PC I'd return it in a heartbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knocka
    and the absurd procedures for getting a replacement, but having a non-resetting device is worth it.
    How hard is it to get a replacement? Can I just take my phone to a Cingular store, or do I need to call Palm One??
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    If you got the phone from cingular you need to deal with them. I've heard good things about the cingular stores taking them back but I can't verify that or anything. I got the phone through amazon.com and they were very good with the first return and reluctant for the second. With the proper persuasion they finally came around
    i'm refunding the damn thing all together. i bought one a couple of weeks ago and had all the resetting and freezing problems, so exchange it for another one. the exchanged one has the corrupt voice mail problem. so i'm just gonna return it and maybe re-visit it again in the future. $700 bucks for something and it doesnt even work, i dont think so..
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Not to be the fly in your ointment, but I have had my Treo since November (CDMA) and have a total of 2 soft resets, and needed to do one hard reset. I think there may be bad seeds, but it really is an incredible piece of equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwomwom
    One swallow does not make a Summer :-)
    No but enough swallows and you may forget the whole summer.....Like back in 98' oh that was a good year......I think?
    I am waiting for my new replacement. I have a Treo 600 and it resets itself all the time, sometimes 2-3 times a day sometimes 6-7 times a day. It is the dreaded Phone Fatal Exception error. I have missed in the last week about 100 calls, all due to the fact that if my phone rings, it resets itself. I have done hard resets, with no 3rd party apps installed still resets, called T-Mo tech they had me do a battery disconnect and no apps and no syncing to corrupt it, within 1 day resets again, so it wasn't 3rd party apps that did it. Am hoping with the new one I can at least make the decision to anwser my own calls myself. We shall see.
    I too have had reset loop problems, but what really drives me crazy is that palmOne tech support always likes to say "third-party software" is responsible for every problem this unit has. I finally got wise to the fact that they were simply dogging responsibility and had them send me a new unit. I mean come on guys, I ran damn near all of this software in some form on my Tungsten T with no reset loops... ever. We'll see if the new unit has been exorcised.
    IMHO, I think most of the resets are software related. Sure there might be some lemons and in those cases the exchange would help. However, I think most of the resets will settle back to the same pattern if you install exactly the same software (including hidden databases and junk that gets left behind on your device as you keep it longer and install/deinstall more stuff). This means that if you do a hard reset and start with a clean hotsync profile, in most cases, you'll end up with the same results as an exchanged unit.
    I used to have ALOT of software on mine and it was resetting once a day. Now mine hasnt reset in weeks I am down to about 20 or less apps and I am happier then a clam! =)

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by tippymn
    I have a Treo 600 and it resets itself all the time, sometimes 2-3 times a day sometimes 6-7 times a day. It is the dreaded Phone Fatal Exception error. I have missed in the last week about 100 calls, all due to the fact that if my phone rings, it resets itself. I have done hard resets, with no 3rd party apps installed still resets, called T-Mo tech they had me do a battery disconnect and no apps and no syncing to corrupt it, within 1 day resets again, so it wasn't 3rd party apps that did it. Am hoping with the new one I can at least make the decision to anwser my own calls myself. We shall see.
    Same exact deal with my 650. Resets always seem to be related to some function surrounding the radio - wether it's e-mail, contact dialing, power on, power off, msg sending...hmmmm.
    1-2 resets a day for a heavy user is NOT a lot. Figure the thing is on 14 hours and you are switching back and forth between applications? If at the end of that day you have only had 1 reset, that is extremely efficient.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast