Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I contacted Palm1 and they're overnighting me a replacement. I ordered it Feb4, but it didnt ship till the 6th of march, so I'm still covered under the 30 day satisfaction guarantee, they said. Hopefully, no problems with this one as they "know" about the problem now. Crossing my fingers.
    I have had my Treo 650 now 3 weeks, and had virtually NO resets . Yesterday, in the middle of a business trip, my 650 started resetting every time I did ANYTHING in Versamail (not 3rd party software) . I have not added any additional software, and now I cannot do anything in Versamail without resets.

Is there something I can do to try to stop this awful cycle?

Should I just automatically exchange it for a new one? I know many have had these issues, and this forum has been my refuge for learning all of the insdie "scoop" on this stuff. I welcome any input on how I should proceed before I put myself in the Tech Support bottomless pit.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    The search function is your friend. Use FileZ to delete your corrupted VersaMail database and re-pull your mail from the server.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    The search function is your friend. Use FileZ to delete your corrupted VersaMail database and re-pull your mail from the server.
    Jetkins,

not sure what you mean by "use FileZ". I sent a PM for further explaination, or could you elaborate here?
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    It's a freeware file management utility that will allow you to find and delete the corrupted database (or any other file, for that matter!) You can get it from PalmGear

I repeat, the search engine is your friend.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G
    I have had my Treo 650 now 3 weeks, and had virtually NO resets . Yesterday, in the middle of a business trip, my 650 started resetting every time I did ANYTHING in Versamail (not 3rd party software) . I have not added any additional software, and now I cannot do anything in Versamail without resets.
    Is there something I can do to try to stop this awful cycle?
    I had the *same* thing happen to me when setting up a 2nd acct with VersaMail. I finally was able to get it to at least stop resetting. Then used the desktop hotsync options to delete the account with next hotsync. Kinda tough when the app is built in... Fortunately, I have been using it lately for POP (Chatter for IMAP) and it seems to work fine. But, I am very reluctant to add another account.

Think will move all to Chatter when Marc adds POP. (Course I have to register 1st 25 days left on trial.) Chatter actually gave me some reset issues when I was setting up accounts. But, overall have been *very* impressed with its fcn so far.
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    I checked the crash code (thanks jetkins) and got the dreded

HALRadioAcDc.c Line:441, Hose wake not asserted in time.

This was while running "Contacts".

I have a feeling I'm going to have to fight w/ Wirefly.com to get a replacement unless Palm One comes out w/ a fix.

I have already installed the update yesterday related to the voice mail error.
    Quote Originally Posted by njdjr
    I checked the crash code (thanks jetkins) and got the dreded

HALRadioAcDc.c Line:441, Hose wake not asserted in time.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to fight w/ Wirefly.com to get a replacement unless Palm One comes out w/ a fix.
    If you haven't already done so, read this thread in which PalmOne confirms that the HALRadio crash is a hardware problem. No amount of software patching is ever going to fix it - the device is faulty and needs to be replaced. If Wirefly can't or won't help, you should be able to get it replaced by PalmOne. Good luck.
    I'd bet that most of the random resets are being caused by a buggy program. I had the same issues, but when I deleted the program "Fields plus" from my 650, the random resets stopped. With a bit of work you can probably track down the program(s) that cause the reset problem.

Its easy to blame Palmone when the Treo APPEARS to reset randomly. However, in most cases I'd bet its a program that is causing the headaches. I had a similar issue when I upgraded my firmware. Once I got rid of "Linkstart" (I think thats the name) everything went fine
    Interesting observation about the HalRadioAcDc.c crash: I didn't see it at all until I cranked up Blazer to about 390 MHz using PXAClocker. Then I saw it several times over the course of two days. Removed PXAClocker, and I've been free of HalRadioAcDc crashes for several days now.

It would be an interesting experiment for people who are experiencing this crash to try *underclocking* Blazer and see if it goes away.
    I just updated my Cingular Palm with the new firmware/voicemail updater and it seems to have solved all of my problems (fingers crossed).

I have a Treo 650 from Wirefly and it was boxed up and ready to be returned when I saw the new updater yesterday. Installing was easy and worked perfectly.

At first, I had a Gemstar SIM which caused the phone to act erratically, with the known voicemail corruption. Replaced the Gemstar with the Axalto 64k SIM... which solved the voicemail problem. However, I still experienced "HALRadioAcDc.c" resets at least 3-4 times a day. It seemed to be related to a GPRS data connection, since most of the resets happened while running Chatter, Blazer, or Versamail.

I also was experiencing the freezing of the Treo where it wouldn't wake up from sleep. After waking up in the morning the Treo wouldn't respond to any key presses and the screen would stay off...

I installed the firmware updater and the Treo has been reset free so far for 24 hours. I've been testing it with Chatter and Verichat running and it's still solid. Hoping this will last!

- Andrew
    Spoke too soon.

Constant HALRadio crashes and refusals to wake from sleep.

Phone's going back to Wirefly tomorrow.
    > Phone's going back to Wirefly tomorrow

Are they exchanging it or are you just getting your money back? I really just want one without the problem (although I doubt they know which ones will have the problem before hand...).

I don't want to stop my new Cingular account. It took 3 hr. on the phone to get everything just the way I wanted it to keep my old number and put it on the new account and get a new number (close to my old one) for my old Family Talk plan so my Mother in Law can use my old Nokia.

At the end of that fiasco, the Cingular rep had me swap the SIM cards between my old Nokia and the Treo 650. When the Treo was acting up I thought the SIM was not compatable so I went to a Cingular store and the guy gave me a new one for free (Althout it is a 'G' brand card).

To top it off, I 'm going away at the beginning of April. I need to keep the SIM so I can take my old Noika if the 650 isn't fixed by then.
    My T650 was crashing several times a day seems to crash more when you ask more of it (i.e. more apps = more crashes) I was able to fix all the crashes on my Treo 650 about 3 weeks ago. I sold it and bought my old reliable Samsung i500 OS 4.1, installed all my apps and have enough ram left and guess what ** 1 ** crash it was my fault too I installed treohelper on a whim it might work (it does not :P) I removed that and the phone HAS NEVER CRASHED... I surf, use Snapper, Bizcon, contacts, DB5, 700 contacts now, use it as a modem (built in feature no DUN hack needed here) I use it for everything (except a good sms phone and audible, grumble) but it has not let me down once.

My .02, I think the T650 is still 'experimental' and in live beta.....

TS
    Yesterday, my 650 started resetting constantly, for no apparent reason. I do not have Versamail installed , as I've heard about all the reset problems it causes. I did a soft reset and the reset issue STOPPED immediately, and no trouble since then. Cross your fingers....
    Quote Originally Posted by njdjr
    > Phone's going back to Wirefly tomorrow

Are they exchanging it or are you just getting your money back? I really just want one without the problem (although I doubt they know which ones will have the problem before hand...).

I don't want to stop my new Cingular account. It took 3 hr. on the phone to get everything just the way I wanted it to keep my old number and put it on the new account and get a new number (close to my old one) for my old Family Talk plan so my Mother in Law can use my old Nokia.

At the end of that fiasco, the Cingular rep had me swap the SIM cards between my old Nokia and the Treo 650. When the Treo was acting up I thought the SIM was not compatable so I went to a Cingular store and the guy gave me a new one for free (Althout it is a 'G' brand card).

To top it off, I 'm going away at the beginning of April. I need to keep the SIM so I can take my old Noika if the 650 isn't fixed by then.
    I hear ya. If you're within the 30-day period, you'll get money back. I did.
    Cingular T650
    ...now back to Motorola and a Zire 72!
    Well, I'm going for an exchange. Just spent around 30 minutes on the phone w/ Wirefly. First call I was transfered to "Asifa" who handles the returns but after around 4 minutes, the call got dropped.

Second call, (after working the maze of menu selections) I told the person I was dropped when being transfered to Asifa. She said I would have to wait on hold again, which I did bus wasn't dropped this time.

They said I would have a replacement phone to me within 48 hours (good). They place a charge on my card for the replacement which they wipe out after they get back the defective phone (maybe not so good but I had no choice).

They have a pre-paid return label which was in the original box (good).
    They have to charge for shipping the new phone (not so good but they say it is becuase I didn't pay shipping on the original phone -true, still leaves a bad taste in my mouth).

Maybe I'm naieve to give them one more chance but the way I have changed the phone numbers around I think it's my best bet in the long run.
    good luck to you...
    Cingular T650
    What that an ominous tone I detecetd?
    no, it's sincere
    Cingular T650
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast